TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK Quarterback, Whoever He May Be, Needs to Trigger Victories

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK Quarterback, Whoever He May Be, Needs to Trigger Victories
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 07-26-2006 08:55 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ironically enough, as the two veterans battle it out, the best QB on the roster may be a true freshman. Insiders say Will Fidler, the 6-foot-4 signal-caller from Henderson who entered school in time to participate in spring drills, has enough talent and poise to make a run at the starting job if the other two falter. But the thought of a freshman calling plays during such a pivotal season can't make Brooks and his staff feel any better about their chances of surviving the season.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-26-2006 07:58 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it is not a good sign when a true freshman has a good shot a being the starting quarterback in the sec. i was hoping woodson or pulley had improved enough to take the starting job...if fiddler is the best we have i'm afraid we will be in trouble at the quarterback position and depth will not be of much help if they are all of equal ability..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Max Beasley
Player
Member # 1320

posted 07-26-2006 10:21 PM      Profile for Max Beasley     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
....For Woodson to be a redshirt junior and not separate himself from a true frosh. is really dissapointing.
Posts: 3089 | From: somerset, kentucky | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Funky Boss
Player
Member # 2660

posted 07-26-2006 10:58 PM      Profile for Funky Boss   Author's Homepage   Email Funky Boss   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's only depth if you've got one great guy being pushed by another guy w/similar amount of talent. Otherwise, it's just overstocking. Fidler, while I'm glad he'll be on board for the future, shouldn't start this year by any means. Frosh in the SEC = HUGE NO NO.

--------------------

Posts: 239 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-27-2006 06:41 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i agree funky, and especially if you arn't ranked in the top 5 of the country coming out of high school..it truely isn't a good sign..hopefully brooks is just trying to light a fire under woodson and pulley..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com