TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Brooks' QB choice coming

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brooks' QB choice coming
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 08-24-2006 10:01 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
courier-journal.com > Sports > UK View 7 days > Su M Tu W Th F Sa Adv. search >

When Rich Brooks knows his starting quarterback, he'll share the information.

The University of Kentucky football coach said yesterday that he'll evaluate junior Andre' Woodson and sophomore Curtis Pulley in their performances today, tomorrow and in Saturday's closed scrimmage and sometime next week will make an announcement about his starter.

"The good news is, it's not an easy decision, because they're both doing some very, very good things," said Brooks, speaking to reporters before a speech to UK's Jefferson County Alumni Association chapter at the downtown Marriott.

Brooks shook off the suggestion that he would withhold an announcement on his starting quarterback to hinder Louisville's preparations for the teams' Sept. 3 season opener.

"I think sometime the first part of next week, probably, there will be an announcement on who our starter will be," Brooks said.

The Wildcats' third and final preseason scrimmage, along with practices late this week, will be "the final piece to the puzzle," Brooks said. Currently, Woodson and Pulley share the No. 1 spot on the depth chart.

Brooks reiterated that if Woodson is given the starting spot, Pulley would be a backup quarterback and wouldn't make a permanent move to another position.

He also said he won't regularly rotate quarterbacks, though he expects both to play.

"There will be a starting quarterback," Brooks said. "He will be the starter and the guy that we plan on going forward with for the lion's share of the season. But just like anything else, that quarterback has to stay productive and be productive and move the team into scoring territory, or there may be a change."

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
maddcatz
Recruit
Member # 2687

posted 08-25-2006 07:47 PM      Profile for maddcatz   Author's Homepage   Email maddcatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He should have known before the spring. Woodson is the better arm. Pulley can run. Running is what we need with that horrid O-line.What is he trying to do fool Loserville.
Posts: 19 | From: Home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-25-2006 09:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sounds like a little bit of double talk when he says the starter will get the lion's share of the minutes but then says if he doesn't stay productive he will make a change...i guess there isn't a true leader and he is keeping the door open in case his first choice doesn't do the job, or he just doesn't know..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 08-26-2006 06:47 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
See, what he should have done was announce who the starter at QB would be, but kept all the other starting positions a secret...

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Funky Boss
Player
Member # 2660

posted 08-27-2006 07:12 PM      Profile for Funky Boss   Author's Homepage   Email Funky Boss   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well.....unlike all the other guys in the SEC who's fans express great favoritism towards one QB or the other (lots of QB q's around the league and nation this year) UK fans are apathetic and don't really seem to give a damn.......why is that? We have depth, talent, and a good chance if we can take down Mississippi to make a bowl game. I'd expect more hype and excitement, and arguing over who should get the job behind center.......So who do you guys think should get it?? Personally, I'm inclined to say Pulley. He can run....and obviously he's improved his throwing game or there wouldn't be a question of who the starter is going to be. We need a playmaker, and we can win games w/our running game. Pulley has my vote. Woodson didn't do so hot for us last season...he isn't bad, but when your ego is so fragile because of one or two mistakes that you f*** up the rest of the game...we don't have the time or patience for that. Man up and get your head in the game.

--------------------

Posts: 239 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-28-2006 07:35 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I say Woodson has found his stride, and his focus, and will get the starting nod. He has the kind of arm we need to complement our running game (assuming we have a decent receiver or two).

I haven't made much noise about the "quarterback controversy" because:

(a) Brooks doesn't give a rat's behind about my opinion.
(b) I would actually be happy with either one, assuming we can tailor our offense to use thier quite different skills.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13657 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catlogic15
Player
Member # 1227

posted 08-28-2006 08:27 AM      Profile for catlogic15     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope it's Pulley. He's an athlete and his arm wasn't all that bad anyway last year. I'm sure he's improved. With ???'s about the O line, I think our best bet is with the better athlete. He can make things happen if things break down.
Posts: 921 | From: Louisville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com