TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Question....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question....
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-23-2006 10:00 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did we gain any respect tonight? I realize we lost to the 5th ranked team in the country by 3 scores but the CATS played respectable this evening!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Funky Boss
Player
Member # 2660

posted 09-23-2006 10:12 PM      Profile for Funky Boss   Author's Homepage   Email Funky Boss   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yea, we did. We were winning at one point. Definitely fared better than most expected, and were competitive for most of the game. Think the D tired out at the end, and Florida got that extra TD to make it 26-7 instead of 19. Still, we'll beat Central Michigan next week, and we have a damn good chance at beating South Carolina.

--------------------

Posts: 239 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-23-2006 10:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We also should have never given up that third touchdown. All you have to do is fall on the football after that big fumble. But no... We try to pick the ball up and run and Florida recovers the fumble!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-23-2006 10:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it looks like we have turned the corner and we are improving..we still need more depth at all the positions but on the positive side we do have some talent..if we stay healthy we have a decent chance to go to a bowl game...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-23-2006 10:47 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll agree about going bowling if we continue to improve each game. Otherwise it's still just a dream until we get more quality players.
Posts: 14242 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 09-24-2006 06:51 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the offense is actually pretty decent so far. The only thing is that against teams like Florida, you can't keep just running the short yardage plays. You have to throw the big ones in there every once in a while as well.

UK needs defense. UK is dead last in rushing, passing, and total defense in the SEC.

SEC STATS PAGE

Now, I know we have the athletes on defense to play with anyone. So it must be the scheme that's all funky, screwy, and stinky.

I think it may be time to tell Mr. Archer that it's time for him to make like horse**** and hit the trail.

If UK had a decent defense right now, they would be 3-1, and that 1 would have been a lot closer game than it was.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-24-2006 07:38 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One of the reasons that UK is last in some of the defensive categories is because we have already played against 2 of the best offensive teams in the country so far this year already.

Yes our D line has shown us as much as we would like to see, but also the play calling is too passive. Let's get a little more aggressive in our play calling! What in the world do we have to lose?

--------------------

catlogic15
Player
Member # 1227

posted 09-25-2006 09:14 AM      Profile for catlogic15     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This game in my opinion certainly helped our recruiting. We played well with short depth.
Posts: 921 | From: Louisville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-25-2006 07:18 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are still lacking enough quality players at enough positions. Quality depth is still an issue. Recruiting MUST bring in more top players if we are going to win any of the big games.
Posts: 14242 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com