TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Mitch Barnhart

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mitch Barnhart
jsence2
Player
Member # 2477

posted 11-05-2006 12:35 AM      Profile for jsence2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's evaluate, shall we?

Football--landmark win today, getting better every week--and we didn't have Little today....maybe the hire wasn't as bad as some (myself included) assumed.

Men's soccer--playing Sunday night against #2 SMU for the conference title; ranked 13th in the nation, with losses to SMU, Indiana, and Michigan (three of the top teams in America)

Women's soccer--in the final Sunday against Florida for the SEC title; coach (a Barnhart hire) named Coach of the Year

Baseball--John Cohen (Barnhart hire) led the Bat Cats to their best record ever, and got Uk their first-ever regional.

Women's hoops--Mickie DeMoss (ANOTHER Barnhart hire)....win over #1 Tennessee....nuff said.

Not to mention the improvement of the gymnastics team (Barnhart hire) and volleyball team (Barnhart hire).

Looks like this man knows how to run an ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT, from the biggest sport to the smallest....amazing how this guy who only knows the "two deeps" of volleyball and soccer has made our athletic program into a successful one, all-around! I hope Todd gives him an extension....never thought I'd say this a year ago!

--------------------
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."--President Teddy Roosevelt

"Stupidity is one of the great ruling forces of the human race." --Dr. Mark Summers, University of Kentucky

Posts: 2340 | From: Louisville, KY (also known as Purgatory) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
NKYDude
Player
Member # 690

posted 11-05-2006 07:21 AM      Profile for NKYDude   Email NKYDude   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm starting to agree with you.

--------------------
"You are what you eat." Hmmmm, nuts must be a commoner diet than we had thought.

Posts: 3248 | From: Butler, KY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-05-2006 07:35 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lets not forget the mens golf team as they have been a top 10 team nation wide now for a couple of years..barnhart will go down as our best a.d before he is done at kentucky..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 11-06-2006 08:47 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK beats a Georgia team who got beat by Vandy at home and suddenly Barnhart is great? Sorry, I'm still not ready to sing praises of the man.

Let's see how the rest of the season turns out AND let's see what happens with the Basketball team. I don't think anyone has ever criticized what Barnhart has done for non-revenue sports.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 11-06-2006 09:08 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The real question about the Brooks hire is, could he (Barnhart) have found someone else, who, under the circumstances could and would have done a better job than Brooks has done?

I realize you can make arguments all day long, but I am not sure he could have found anyone who would have been willing to be patient and would have built the program the way it needed to be built. The job is not done, but it's a long way from where it was three years ago and Mitch Barnhart deserves some of the credit, like it or not.

[ 11-06-2006, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: bayer ]

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
jsence2
Player
Member # 2477

posted 11-06-2006 11:01 AM      Profile for jsence2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlueCollarMan:
UK beats a Georgia team who got beat by Vandy at home and suddenly Barnhart is great? Sorry, I'm still not ready to sing praises of the man.

Let's see how the rest of the season turns out AND let's see what happens with the Basketball team. I don't think anyone has ever criticized what Barnhart has done for non-revenue sports.

Fred

BCM, it's EVERYTHING, not just football. Our men's soccer team (he hired the coach) is gonna enter the NCAA tourney ranked in the top 15, with a 14 win/5 loss/1 tie record (the losses being to #1 Indiana, #2 Southern Methodist twice, a highly-ranked Michigan team, and I believe Marshall); our women's team (his hire) just won the SEC title; women's hoops, gymnastics, baseball....all of his hires have made MAJOR accomplishments....the only one who hasn't was RICH BROOKS! He looks as though maybe, just maybe, HE is also going to make major breakthroughs with this team....I'd say this is one hell of an AD!

--------------------
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."--President Teddy Roosevelt

"Stupidity is one of the great ruling forces of the human race." --Dr. Mark Summers, University of Kentucky

Posts: 2340 | From: Louisville, KY (also known as Purgatory) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 11-06-2006 11:11 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And how do we pay these coaches if the basketball team keeps having double-digit loss seasons.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 11-06-2006 03:44 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BCM, despite the suggestion, UK will not have any problem paying the non-revenue coaches if the BB team continues to have double digit losses. There is more than enough revenue from both FB and BB coming from the conference alone to even begin to worry about that.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com