TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Music City Bowl vs. Clemson

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Music City Bowl vs. Clemson
canfan79
Recruit
Member # 2653

posted 12-03-2006 06:35 PM      Profile for canfan79     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like we're heading to the Music City Bowl against Clemson. The good news is that this is a nearby bowl game and we should bring a very large crowd. The bad news is.... we're playing a very good Clemson team. Any thoughts on how we matchup with them?

It definitely would be a huge win for the program if we could get it. I'm looking forward to making the trip there! Go cats!

prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 12-03-2006 07:21 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Perhaps I'm foolish but if Cats can play a similar game (especially defensively) as they did against Vols I like the chances. It seems that if USC can beat them so can the Cats.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
ValpoCat
Player
Member # 2227

posted 12-03-2006 07:40 PM      Profile for ValpoCat   Author's Homepage   Email ValpoCat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky Accepts Music City Bowl Bid

"Our players, coaches, and fans are thrilled to be going to the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl," said Mitch Barnhart, UK Director of Athletics. "Nashville is such a great city, and our fans have shown time and time again how much they enjoy visiting there. I'm so happy that the hard work and effort put forth by our football team is being rewarded appropriately. It is going to be a great matchup and I'm sure the Big Blue Nation will descend upon Nashville in force to support the Wildcats."

Posts: 1498 | From: Valparaiso, IN | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Max Beasley
Player
Member # 1320

posted 12-03-2006 07:46 PM      Profile for Max Beasley     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I havent followed Clemson ( or the ACC) that close this year...but would someone tell me if I heard right. I thought I heard the guy on the TV station I was watching say that Clemson had 5 first team all ACC players including the conference defensive player of the year. Sure sounds like a quality opponent and a great opportunity for our guys.
Posts: 3089 | From: somerset, kentucky | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-03-2006 09:14 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
max, here is some info on clemson..clemson

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
canfan79
Recruit
Member # 2653

posted 12-03-2006 09:47 PM      Profile for canfan79     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We got finished making our reservations a couple of hours ago and the rooms were going about as fast as I could search for them. I think I heard where the game is already sold out. It should be a good one. Clemson had some pretty lop-sided wins this year and has a lot of talent so it will be a very tough win, however it would be a huge boost for the program if we can win.
CATTRACKER
Player
Member # 55

posted 12-03-2006 11:54 PM      Profile for CATTRACKER        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anybody know how hard it would be to secure two tickets in Nashville..and about how much they'd be?

--------------------

Posts: 22091 | From: Wildcat, Country | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-04-2006 12:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ct, the uk athletic site posted the following earlier tonight. Kentucky fans already have indicated their eagerness to go to Nashville. A pre-sale of tickets for UK, season-ticket holders, and K-Fund members generated more than 20,000 ticket purchases last week. Additional ticket information will be released as soon as it is available. hope you can get tickets as it's going to be a great game..good luck

--------------------

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CATTRACKER
Player
Member # 55

posted 12-04-2006 12:17 AM      Profile for CATTRACKER        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, catmandoo. I put in an online order for 2. Hope it gets confirmed.
Shucks..I'm only 2 hours from Music City. Why NOT go for it?

I can drive down and my wife can drive me home. [Wink]

GO BIG BLUE!

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 12-04-2006 06:01 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CT:

quote:
I can drive down and my wife can drive me home. [Wink]
Does this mean she won't be 'right' going down and you won't be 'right' coming back?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
CATTRACKER
Player
Member # 55

posted 12-04-2006 10:56 AM      Profile for CATTRACKER        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pffft! {{Raspberry}}

Tickets I ordered 'Not Available'. Getting pushed too far into the end zone area now and too far into the atmosphere..and they're getting out of my price range, to boot. What's the problem again, guys??

{{{{{Over-Population?}}}}}

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-04-2006 11:14 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ct, i think it's the perils of being a cat fan. we have so many fans that will do anything or pay anything to watch their beloved cats play in a bowl game....i do find it ironic when we couldn't even come close to filling the stadium even at the the end of the year when we were hitting on all cylinders....it might be possible to go to the game and buy tickets there as many times at game time scalpers will sell extra tickets for below cost. they will do anything to get rid of them. worst case scenario is that you can go to a local watering hole by the stadium and watch the game with other cat fans.....

--------------------

CATTRACKER
Player
Member # 55

posted 12-04-2006 12:54 PM      Profile for CATTRACKER        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cmd...I know what you mean. Wish I could go as you directed but WITH tickets in hand, my wife was gonna take off from work which is a killer for her do in the first place-- so I doubt we could go for 'hopeful' tickets from scalpers. Don't like them, anyway...and don't like to do business with them.

Of course...go.tickets is just legal scalping. The tickets I had reserved but did not get were $80 apiece for 2 + $10 shipping. They told me they had two more a bit further toward the end zone for the same price. I passed.

They were in Section 307, Row CC. Never been to the Titans' stadium but it looked like I was up there in the eagle's nest, anyway.

I guess I'll just tune in to ESPN. Thanks for your help.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com