TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » BYE BYE BOBBY PETRINO! BYE BYE UOFL!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BYE BYE BOBBY PETRINO! BYE BYE UOFL!
jsence2
Player
Member # 2477

posted 01-07-2007 08:21 PM      Profile for jsence2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHAS-11 in Louisville is reporting that Bobby Petrino has just accepted the head-coaching job with the Atlanta Falcons!

Brohm and Bush will not stay now.....UofL is gonna slip right back down the drain!

--------------------
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."--President Teddy Roosevelt

"Stupidity is one of the great ruling forces of the human race." --Dr. Mark Summers, University of Kentucky

Posts: 2340 | From: Louisville, KY (also known as Purgatory) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-07-2007 08:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
here is the skinny.. petrino to atlanta

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-07-2007 08:40 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just saw the same report on ESPN during halftime of the GMAC Bowl! This one kinda happened quietly didn't it. I don't watch the Louisville news that much. Although the CBS sportline reporter said that Petrino was ripe for the picking to another job!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-07-2007 09:03 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will he try to get the management to draft Brohm?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 01-08-2007 01:00 AM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It could not have happened to a nicer bunch!
I am tickled pink!!! [Wink]

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 01-08-2007 11:57 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
Will he try to get the management to draft Brohm?

And abandon Michael Vick? I don't think that is likely. I could see him picking up Michael Bush, but it would not be in the first round.

Maybe da Ville will hire Hal Mumme. [Big Grin] Or, I think John L. Smith is available. [Big Grin]

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 01-08-2007 02:56 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The one thing I thought of last night as I was watching the reports on Louisville TV was, whoever is hired had better understand that he (no matter who he is) will ever have the biggest ego in UofL sports. [Wink]

BTW I heard on ESPN radio just a few minutes ago that Jurich is going after the Tulsa coach. Sorry did not catch his name.

[ 01-08-2007, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: bayer ]

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 01-08-2007 03:49 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good ridance to another major liar, how many times
did he look at other jobs then lie about it.

It should help UK's recruiting some. The big
extension and new contract didn't have much weight

But in defence of UL they may now get a honest
straight shooting coach that isn't a LIAR .

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
NKYDude
Player
Member # 690

posted 01-08-2007 04:02 PM      Profile for NKYDude   Email NKYDude   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, the guy was a bum. The way he handled that Rockcastle County kid was monstrous, IMO.

--------------------
"You are what you eat." Hmmmm, nuts must be a commoner diet than we had thought.

Posts: 3248 | From: Butler, KY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
canfan79
Recruit
Member # 2653

posted 01-08-2007 04:16 PM      Profile for canfan79     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And so the fallout begins..... Not only is Petrino gone, but some of their talented recruits are being lost as well. Phil Simms' son has withdrawn his verbal commitment to U of L.

Matt Simm's Withdraws Oral Commitment to U of L

akf
Player
Member # 1714

posted 01-08-2007 05:13 PM      Profile for akf   Email akf   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK Fans - Just take a pill. And, you should all know, that, I am a UK Fan. Blue through and through. And I have been a supporter of Brooks from almost day one. But, Apparently, thier is no one trying to hire Rich, except UK. The Falcons' want Patrino, -- So what's the difference---We've got a Coach that will stay with OUR program, and UL has, or did have a Coach that want's to bolt to the NFL.

Best case- Everybody wants Rich.
Worst case - No one wants Rich.

Bottom Line - Does this help or hurt the CATS?

--------------------
Steve

Posts: 4073 | From: Central KY | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 01-08-2007 05:29 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's never mattered much to me what happens at or to UL, not even when I lived in KY or was a UK student. Doesn't matter now. But to answer your question, akf, short term it will be a boost, long term it's too early to tell.

[ 01-08-2007, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: prophet ]

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 01-08-2007 06:19 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another good reason for an athlete to hold off from signing an LOI in the early signing period.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 01-09-2007 02:50 PM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eleem:
Good ridance to another major liar, how many times
did he look at other jobs then lie about it.

It should help UK's recruiting some. The big
extension and new contract didn't have much weight

But in defence of UL they may now get a honest
straight shooting coach that isn't a LIAR .

He did give up a million dollars that UL didn't want him to by leaving this early in his contract. UL didn't ask for a penalty clause in his 10-year contract. He asked for one to be put in as a sign of his good faith.

Of course, he has been job hunting ever since he landed at UL so they will likely have to miss the BCS bowls but not the annual "will he leave" speculation.

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com