TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » I was one of those who held up an opinion on RB when he was hired until I saw what he

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I was one of those who held up an opinion on RB when he was hired until I saw what he
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 02-18-2007 08:51 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was one of those who held up an opinion on RB when he was hired until I saw what he did on the field. After 3 losing seasons, and I mean bad losing seasons, my opinion became he was one of our worst hires. And then came this year. I went to five games including GA & MCB. We were 5-0 in those games. After the season, I started reflecting on how much those probation lost scholarships must have impacted us, the staff recruiting which while our classes have not been highly rated, those players are starting to perform at a high level particularly in the last half of the season and the bowl.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-18-2007 08:56 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
we are now getting some much better talent, the only thing i can see on the downside is that so is the rest of the sec. if we are to make it to the next level we are going to have to do even better in our recruiting...however the future is bright and can't wait for the season to start..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukkid10
Player
Member # 2298

posted 03-02-2007 08:16 PM      Profile for ukkid10     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am so happy to see Uk succeeding in football. I never quite realized how hard it must have been when we were on probation. If you were a star recruit would you go to a non-bowl eligible school? No. Rich Brooke has done a tremendous job and I never lost trust for him even when we were down. I good year this year and a bowl game, would just show people how capable Kentucky is.

Brooks has one more big goal to accomplish: Beat U of L in a bowl season.

Eleem I am amazed to see you saw Uk go 5-0 this year.
I may have to buy you season tickets!!!
Logan

--------------------
"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better." - unknown

Posts: 178 | From: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-03-2007 08:55 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukkid10, glad to see that the younger uk fans have the vision to see the how tough brooks job was and how well he handled the situation. granted brooks has gotten some recognition of late but near what he deserves.

i honestly could have seen coach brooks getting coach of the year last year with the season he had and realizing all the things he had working against him. he is a class act and deserves the big blue faithful to get behind the team and him to show football fans across the nation that kentucky is on it's way to becoming a football program to be reckoned with...

one more thing , eleem do you have a couple of extra tickets for ukkid10 and myself? [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com