TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Looking forward to football starting?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking forward to football starting?
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 07-11-2007 08:26 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have never been much of a football fan probably because there has never been a football team to follow in central Kentucky. Football was always just something to occupy the time between baseball and the start of the basketball season.

But for some reason this year I am kind of looking forward to football season. I don't really know if there is reason to be optimistic about UK's football team or not, but a lot of folks who follow the team much closer than I do seem to think so.

Now since my Cincinnati Reds are horrible this year, BRING ON FOOTBALL and hurry up basketball season.

GO BIG BLUE !!!!

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-11-2007 02:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jarcat, i'm with you, this is going to be a exciting year. It's been some time since we have had a quarterback and receiver like Woodson and Burton. We have to back to Couch and Yeast to find a duo like we have now. Hopefully we can have a season with few injuries as even though we have some great players we are not as deep as most of the teams we play this year.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
LouisvilleCat
Player
Member # 2679

posted 07-11-2007 04:19 PM      Profile for LouisvilleCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As long as the defense improves UK will be fine this year and should get to another bowl game. The hire of the new basketball coach has kinda overshadowed football for now though.
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 07-12-2007 02:13 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...I can't remember a season since 1990 when the Reds weren't terrible...

But I am really hyped about football this season (just like every other season) but especially this season because I think UK can really make some noise this season. Rated #23 in the preseason polls...yeah, I'm ready for the Cats to take the field.

We've been talking about BCG for awhile but come September 1, 2007...basketball will be on the back burner for me.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com