TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Woodson is pumped!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Woodson is pumped!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-14-2007 12:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure the talk of the Heisman is a bit premature or probably unattainable, however Andre Woodson is ready for the season to begin and will do his best to make it a season that the Kentucky fans have not seen in many years...

After this spring's NFL draft, ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. released his "Big Board" of top seniors for the 2008 draft. Woodson was ranked sixth.

"It's hard to ignore," Woodson said. "Especially when your friends and family keep reminding you of it every day."

But Woodson denies that he's motivated by aspirations of the NFL or by hopes for the Heisman Trophy, an individual honor for which Woodson, like most analysts, figures he's a long shot at best.

Rather, he said, what's kept him dialed in this summer is what he sees as a critical fall for UK.

"We have a chance to make this one of the greatest seasons ever at Kentucky, as far as football goes," Woodson said. "If we can do that, just execute like we did at the end of last season and keep winning games, all the individual stuff will take care of itself."

Andre the Great

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-14-2007 05:00 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that it is a once in a lifetime deal, that UL and UK have the top two QBs in the nation, set to duel it out in Lexington ,Ky. I honestly believe that the Ville paper is running those stories to keep the Cards from getting complacent, even though everyone and their grandmother is picking Kentucky to get the upset, UL has a big win streak going. UK is due to win a game in this series. I also expect the Cats to not only to beat the Cards, but to best the Orange menace as well, this season.

[ 07-14-2007, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com