TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » J Lo Bonehead

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: J Lo Bonehead
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 09-10-2007 11:01 AM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lorenzen had an opportunity last night to make a good impression, even be a hero. Alas a bonehead play when he slid to a stop a yard short of a first down on a fourth down when all he had to do was fall forward and give the Giants a chance. Seems to me he's always had trouble making good decisions -- weight control being one example.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
LouisvilleCat
Player
Member # 2679

posted 09-10-2007 11:22 AM      Profile for LouisvilleCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always thought he played better when he was heavier but I was so happy to see him get in the game until that slide. If he didn't slide he would have had the 1st down and would have played a little longer.
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 09-10-2007 02:51 PM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wonder how bad Manning's shoulder is. That's not a good thing for a QB during game #1. We are likely to more of J Lo, in this, what I think is Coughlin's last year.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-10-2007 04:39 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prophet:
Lorenzen had an opportunity last night to make a good impression, even be a hero. Alas a bonehead play when he slid to a stop a yard short of a first down on a fourth down when all he had to do was fall forward and give the Giants a chance. Seems to me he's always had trouble making good decisions -- weight control being one example.

I guess his pass that was perfectly thrown to a receiver who dropped it, because it hit him in the hands, was also Jlo's fault as well. He would have had first down and a 20 yard gain with
that completion.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
cats98
Recruit
Member # 2813

posted 09-10-2007 05:27 PM      Profile for cats98   Email cats98   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw at the bottom of ESPNews that Manning is out at least a month. It did not say if the Giants have or will sign another qb. It at least appears that Jared will get his shot this week. Let's hope he does well.
Posts: 43 | From: Louisville | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
LouisvilleCat
Player
Member # 2679

posted 09-10-2007 05:41 PM      Profile for LouisvilleCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IMO, the only thing he did wrong was that slide. The pass was good and right where it needed to be. Not the QBs fault the receiver couldn't hang on to it.
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 09-11-2007 07:22 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, the slide wasn't the best decision but compared to the uncatchable pass he threw to the receiver that actually hit the receiver in a really bad place that made it hard for him to cath the ball...(what in the world was J-Lo thinking? Hitting a receiver in the hands with the ball...what in the world was he thinking?)

However, that was just one play. There are still 15 games left in the season, I hope he makes the most of his opportunity.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-11-2007 08:25 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really admire J-Lo as he has done so much better than a majority of the fans thought he would. How many of us gave up on him when his weight was out of control and and it looked like he would end up working a 9 to 5 job like the rest of us?

He has far exceded expectations and will be a starter in NFL for the New York Giants next Sunday. I would say that is one heck of a accomplishment no matter how he does.

It is hard to believe how many fans expect so much from the Kentucky programs and the Kentucky players. Why cant we just enjoy the good of our players and coachs and support them in good times and bad. The enjoyment and effort they give us all is so much and they all deserve the same effort from us as fans.

One last thing, J-Lo is not a bonehead, never has been and never will be. Just one more thing Coach Smith is one fine human being, a great coach and he did a fine job as coach of Kentucky and hopefully there are others that agree with that.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 09-11-2007 09:01 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:

He has far exceded expectations and will be a starter in NFL for the New York Giants next Sunday. I would say that is one heck of a accomplishment no matter how he does.

Keep in mind, this is the NFL fan talking. That mean he has impressed one man--Tom Coughlin. And right now, Coughlin is not all that well liked in NY.

IMO, he often made poor decisions and blamed overthrown passes on receivers. I have never liked his attitude. He is taking helm of a team that is already banged up and suffering from poor leadership.

His work is cut out for him. I have not figured out if I am going to pick NY over Green Bay or not.

Fred

[ 09-11-2007, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: BlueCollarMan ]

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheBadLieutenant
unregistered

posted 09-11-2007 03:08 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlueCollarMan:
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:

Keep in mind, this is the NFL fan talking. That mean he has impressed one man--Tom Coughlin. And right now, Coughlin is not all that well liked in NY.

IMO, he often made poor decisions and blamed overthrown passes on receivers. I have never liked his attitude. He is taking helm of a team that is already banged up and suffering from poor leadership.

His work is cut out for him. I have not figured out if I am going to pick NY over Green Bay or not.

Fred

As much as I want to see him do so well that Eli stays on the bench when he gets healthy, I'm giddy over the fantasy points I'm gonna get this week with my GreenBay defense against the Giants if J-Lo gets the nod. A career back-up's first start against a team that just made McNabb and the Eagles look bad is a recipe for disaster.
IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 09-11-2007 05:59 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Then again, j-lo might torch GB for 350 and 3 TD's...

it could happen...it would be surprising...but it could happen

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheBadLieutenant
unregistered

posted 09-12-2007 10:06 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if he does, he'll be an instant New York superstar.
IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 09-12-2007 04:18 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish the big fella all the best.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukkid10
Player
Member # 2298

posted 09-12-2007 07:02 PM      Profile for ukkid10     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, if he plays good, new york will instanly think that he will be their man, but pessimisticly, it could go the other way to being if he has one of game, they will think he sucks.

Good luck J Lo!

--------------------
"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better." - unknown

Posts: 178 | From: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com