TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Be honest now.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Be honest now.
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 09-16-2007 01:04 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great, great win but I freely admit that on the last play of the game that there was lurking in the back of my mind the LSU game and other such debacles. Anyone else have that premonition? Oh yeah, when are the Cats going to develop a Hail, Mary defense?

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 09-16-2007 01:19 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was very nervous on that play, and when I saw the ball batted in the air, I cringed, and then when I saw Douglas catch it, I cringed again. But UK this time tackled the guy before he could take a step.

I definitely had DeJaVu (sp?) when that play started. Another LSU debacle would have ruined this whole season.

Let's go beat Arkansas and then do something no one else seems able to do and that is score on LSU.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
KyCat
Player
Member # 146

posted 09-16-2007 11:24 PM      Profile for KyCat   Email KyCat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prophet:
Great, great win but I freely admit that on the last play of the game that there was lurking in the back of my mind the LSU game and other such debacles. Anyone else have that premonition? Oh yeah, when are the Cats going to develop a Hail, Mary defense?

Have to admit I ahd that same premonition. I remember all to clearly the LSU game and saying before the play... it ain't over. Unfortunately it wasn't. Felt that way last night too. Really though Prophet, what defense is there against a Hail Mary throw beyond what Kentucky did this time?

--------------------
TheThack

Posts: 1745 | From: Nicholasville, Ky, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 09-17-2007 06:33 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There seems to be some unwritten rule at UK that says if you're a defensive back you knock hail mary passes into the air instead of to the ground. I'm glad they have the instinct to try and intercept every pass but the need to drill the KNOCK IT DOWN rule into their heads.

At least they did tackle the guy though. Personally, I didn't care if the guy caught the ball as long as he didn't get into the endzone.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 09-17-2007 08:19 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was there anyone that did NOT have the LSU game in mind?

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
cats98
Recruit
Member # 2813

posted 09-17-2007 05:27 PM      Profile for cats98   Email cats98   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everyone around me was thinking LSU. I went on the field before that one was over, but I waited for the horn this time.
Posts: 43 | From: Louisville | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
uk_fan63
Player
Member # 2744

posted 09-17-2007 06:31 PM      Profile for uk_fan63     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was definetly thinking LSU. Please knock the ball down to the ground next time, pretty please, for all of us.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com