TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK-SOUTH CAROLINA IN SHOWDOWN THURSDAY NIGHT

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK-SOUTH CAROLINA IN SHOWDOWN THURSDAY NIGHT
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 09-29-2007 09:40 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, there was not much to ask or say about Kentucky's 45-17 win over Florida Atlantic yesterday. Other than the fact quarterback Andre Woodson threw for a career-high five touchdowns, it wasn't flashy.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
gamecockboy
Recruit
Member # 2636

posted 09-29-2007 10:23 PM      Profile for gamecockboy   Email gamecockboy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
congrads uk on your win...

--------------------
GOOO GAMECOCKS....you mess with the feathers you will get spured

Posts: 33 | From: columbia, south carolina | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
redbone
Player
Member # 1444

posted 09-30-2007 06:33 AM      Profile for redbone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you mess with the Cats you'll get your ass plucked too. [Smile]

Hi gamecock boy. I believe it will be a good game.

[ 09-30-2007, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: redbone ]

--------------------
I don't consider myself a poster. I consider myself a leader who happens to post on The Cat's Domain. I don't want my fellow posters to be just better readers or better writers but better human beings. And when they leave here, not just knowing about dribbles and jump shots but equipped for life.

Posts: 2085 | From: grand rivers | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 09-30-2007 06:54 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think we have a better chance at beating Fla than we do going to Columbia and beating the cocks. Spurrier scares me.

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 10-01-2007 12:10 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is why I think we lose Thursday in Columbia:

"While Woodson has been playing lights out, the Gamecocks are No. 2 in the nation in pass-efficiency defense and No. 1 in pass defense, allowing just 106.0 ypg. Steve Spurrier is 14-0 against Kentucky, and you have to think he'll try to take advantage of UK's horrible run defense (104th nationally, at 203.2 ypg) by handing off often to Cory Boyd and Mike Davis."

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 10-01-2007 12:27 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kick coverage, kicker/punter protection and Seiber accuracy: No screwups there and Cats win.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-01-2007 12:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We are now in the meat of our schedule. This is where the fun begins. We have a great shot at a very good season if the injuries are kept to a minimum. That is what worries me the most.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheBadLieutenant
unregistered

posted 10-01-2007 01:03 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
turnovers and 3rd down conversions (esp. in the red zone) will decide the game.
IP: Logged
ukkid10
Player
Member # 2298

posted 10-01-2007 08:43 PM      Profile for ukkid10     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went to the FAU game on saturday and I noticed 2 things. Extremely poor third down play on defense. When the needed a big gain, they cut through us like butter. The other thing was the missed assignments in pass coverage. Although none worked out for big gains, our big boys up front got pressire on the qb bailing out our secondary. We have the star power to beat them, not question. Do we have the mental power to beat Spurrier. That is my question.

--------------------
"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better." - unknown

Posts: 178 | From: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 10-01-2007 11:33 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The cats win this one, with the mixture of the
passing game, running game in gear and the defense
is starting to step up and do it's part.

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com