TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » UK v USC predictions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK v USC predictions
COCKDIESEL
Recruit
Member # 2699

posted 10-01-2007 03:24 PM      Profile for COCKDIESEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will say with a gut feeling.

USC 35
UK 31

--------------------
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/4023/schu7.gif

Posts: 42 | From: SC | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-01-2007 03:41 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would say that if USC holds UK under 40 points they should win. It will come down to who wins the turnover battle.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-01-2007 03:51 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Given that this is looking like UKs offense versus South Carolina's defense, I would expect a lower scoring affair than we have seen up to now, simply because we are going up against a darn good defensive team. If UK can maintain sustained drives with a solid running game, then UK should win. Turnovers may be HUGE, and special teams look to be a possible killer for us in this game. Assuming that we don't give up too much in either of those areas, I think we look pretty good for this one.

Why? South Carolina's offense hasn't exactly set the world on fire, so I don't see where they are going to rack up a bunch of points on even our defense. On the other hand, our offense has proven to be multi-dimensional, executes well, and Woodson is one cool cat under pressure. I think we'll get our points, just not as many as we have thus far.

UK 31
USC 17

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13657 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 10-01-2007 04:27 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
.... and special teams look to be a possible killer for us in this game. Assuming that we don't give up too much in either of those areas, I think we look pretty good for this one.
I agree, Tiptree. Lots of holes in Cats special teams play so far. Kick coverage, protectiing kicker and punter, and Seiber's inconsistency. No errors here and UK wins.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-01-2007 05:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Folks believe!!

UK 38
SC 24

6-0

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 10-01-2007 06:30 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK 28
USC 24

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 10-01-2007 07:03 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK 20
SC 27

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-01-2007 07:49 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CAts win!!!!!!!

35-28

We spread them out like we're gonna pass and run the ball down their throats!! We've got the running backs to do it with!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124045 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
viccolo
Player
Member # 1860

posted 10-01-2007 08:23 PM      Profile for viccolo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
CAts win!!!!!!!

35-28

We spread them out like we're gonna pass and run the ball down their throats!! We've got the running backs to do it with!!

Good Plan, and it will prob work. We have the Backs .... I think we will stay above 40 points and win goin' away 42 - 31 By the way I'm told these two coaches dont like each other, But I dont know why Go Cats

--------------------
Vicco Ky ...Dodge City of the east

Posts: 2449 | From: Saint Marys OH | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-01-2007 08:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats 35
Gamecocks 24...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-01-2007 09:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll not make a prediction. Call me superstitious, but me predicting would be a sure fire death knell!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36279 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 10-01-2007 11:30 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The cats finally beat ole Spurrier, Cats 31/21.
Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-02-2007 08:14 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
USC has the #1 pass defense in the country. That said they haven't been tested by an offense like UK's...but then UK hasn't been tested by a defense like USC's.

I think the game gets into the 30's by both teams. Maybe an outside chance that it gets into the 40's by UK depending on how USC handles the UK passing attack but more likely in the 30's.

The fan in me wants to say UK wins 45-0 but the football mind in me says to the fan, "SHUT UP!!"

I think this game will be in the 30's with a TD deciding it in the end.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
LouisvilleCat
Player
Member # 2679

posted 10-02-2007 11:00 AM      Profile for LouisvilleCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with Norm. Will not make a prediction.
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 10-02-2007 11:12 AM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought we were being overzealous and were predicting the National Championship game against Southern Cal LOL, I really did, and I thought wow were are good but thats a little much!!!!!

Kats are for real, now we find out how real, the win at Arkansas was impressive, I don't see a let up yet IMO we will be undefeated heading into UF that should be awesome!

--------------------
Is a poster of Wall on my Wall, a oxymoron?

Posts: 2421 | From: Tampa Fl | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 10-02-2007 11:21 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont see us scoring more than 25 points this game and SC about the same:

SC 27
UK 20

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
gamecockboy
Recruit
Member # 2636

posted 10-02-2007 06:35 PM      Profile for gamecockboy   Email gamecockboy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i say 38-21 south carolina...we will have an advantage on special teams and that can determine who wins the game...we haven't faced a passing team like uk...uk hasn't faced a team like us this year who can run and pass the ball and u never know when we will do a trick play...we have 1 star wr but we passed the ball too 7 others last week...including throwing the ball too 2 of our TEs...

--------------------
GOOO GAMECOCKS....you mess with the feathers you will get spured

Posts: 33 | From: columbia, south carolina | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-02-2007 08:33 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
due respect...USC's offense is ranked 78th in the nation. USC doesn't do a lot different than what we've already seen.

USC's pass defense is off the hook. But USC hasn't faced a high powered pass attack yet either.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukkid10
Player
Member # 2298

posted 10-02-2007 08:57 PM      Profile for ukkid10     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Im with Norm. No predictions. Superstitous when it comes to football season

--------------------
"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better." - unknown

Posts: 178 | From: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-02-2007 09:23 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why not "just dont make a prediction" instead of telling everyone "I won't make a prediction" or no predictions"? [Smile]

[ 10-02-2007, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-02-2007 10:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because we wanted to say something! Is that okay?

[ 10-02-2007, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36279 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-03-2007 05:37 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK - just wondering out loud! [Frown]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

oddball
Player
Member # 2499

posted 10-03-2007 08:38 AM      Profile for oddball     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gonna be close. I believe our run game will see a lot of action.

UK - 28
USC - 24

Posts: 112 | From: Bowling Green | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-05-2007 07:32 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
It will come down to who wins the turnover battle.

UK lost that battle. That was the deciding factor in the game. USC hung on to the football and UK didn't.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com