TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » It's on...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's on...
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-04-2007 10:10 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been visiting the USC message board cockytalk.com and they are really pumped about
quote:
Exposing UK as a fluke.
and
quote:
UK can't beat out defense
and
quote:
After tonight, Woodson will no longer be a Heisman candidate.
I can understand them wanting to talk themselves and their team up but we've got something to prove as well. A win over USC solidifies our position as a top 10 team and I want to be able to got into work tomorrow knowing that my team belongs in the top 10 and they just didn't get there because some other teams lost and they had to put us somewhere.

We are #8. They say that we are overrated. We will prove them wrong!

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 10-04-2007 12:35 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to admit there is a part of me that wonders if we are for real or not. I have mixed feelings. I look at who our five wins are against and am not overly impressed. I also look at the Louisville game and realize how easily we could have lost that game. Same thing with the Arkansas game.
But then I also am impressed with how our team has not given up when even I thought we were done. Something I have not seen in the past from our football teams.

I am excited about tonight's game but I am also nervous that we could leave Columbia with a double digit loss. Either way I have enjoyed the ride and hope it doesnt end.

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 10-04-2007 01:55 PM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know of any UK fans that are thumping their chests over this #8 ranking.

I'm not suprised about USC's crowing. From seeing their behavior at basketball games, we all know how knowledgeable and classy that their fans are. [Wink]

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Relient
Player
Member # 2511

posted 10-04-2007 03:21 PM      Profile for Relient     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good teams are able to come back and win ball games. This team has the mental toughness and confidence that I haven't seen in quite a while. They enter every game believing they will win.

Here's a little something to pump you guys up for the game...

Stevie Johnson - Freestyle

--------------------
"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" - William Wallace (Braveheart)

casedog
Player
Member # 1436

posted 10-04-2007 03:36 PM      Profile for casedog        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We beat the teams that were put in front of us, that's all you can ask for. The only team on our schedule that may be unbeatable (not just for us, but for everybody in the nation) is LSU.

Would be nice to host those Tigers with an unbeaten record though...

Posts: 4023 | From: lexington | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 10-04-2007 06:46 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can anyone believe that if we win this game tonight, we will be the first team in the Division formerly known as 1-A to be "bowl eligible" in 2007-08?

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
DT519M
Player
Member # 1068

posted 10-05-2007 12:15 AM      Profile for DT519M     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why couldnt we block 3-4 of them with 5-6 of us,good lord.They were in the backfield before the ball was a couple times.I didnt see this one coming. [Mad]
Posts: 525 | From: GEORGETOWN,KY | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com