TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Hate to admit it..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hate to admit it..
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-05-2007 08:46 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
but Spurrier is heck of a good college coach. He had his team pumped and ready for us for the 14th time in a row. Granted we haven't always been that talented and he coached at Florida for many of those wins but with the limited talent he has now he is making the most with what he has.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 10-05-2007 09:05 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Spurrier didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. We reverted back to the UK football teams of the past 50 years..... find a way to lose.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Relient
Player
Member # 2511

posted 10-05-2007 09:26 AM      Profile for Relient     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree Jarcat. We had an interception in the red zone, a botched handoff that would have been a touchdown instead of a field goal, and 2 fumbles returned for touchdowns. We lost it more than usc won it last night. Spurrier the egomaniac may be a good college coach, but he sure was one lucky son of a gun last night. [Mad]

--------------------
"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" - William Wallace (Braveheart)

bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 10-05-2007 10:44 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only one of those mistakes that you can lay squarely on us was the botched handoff. The others were created by the USC defense and we did not recognize and respond properly.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Relient
Player
Member # 2511

posted 10-05-2007 02:36 PM      Profile for Relient     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't want to sound like I'm blaming Woodson, but he should have tucked the ball away when he was getting sacked. As for the interception. That was just miscommunication. The receiver wasn't even close to that ball. Turnovers happen and we were the beneficiaries of one that saved a touchdown. I just wish Woodson would've tucked those balls away and taken a sack.

--------------------
"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" - William Wallace (Braveheart)

LouisvilleCat
Player
Member # 2679

posted 10-05-2007 02:49 PM      Profile for LouisvilleCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know a way to beat Spurrier. Give him a salary cap. [Razz]
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-05-2007 06:39 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LouisvilleCat...THAT WAS AWESOME!!! Give him a salary cap... NICE!

Andre didn't play especially well last night. He still had over 200 yards passing which is just about double what the USC defense was giving up but he just seemed like he was playing at half speed to me. He had some overthrows that he had been making like the pass to Burton that nobody could have caught even though Burton was wide open. Maybe it was just an off night, I hope he snaps back into the Andre we saw through the first 5 games.

I thought UK should have ran the ball a lot more last night. Little was having his way with the defensive line and with USC keeping 5 and 6 DB's on the field all the time...Little could have had about 40 carries for like 300 yards.

But, it's over now. Time to focus on LSU.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com