TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Improved Woodson ready for LSU

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Improved Woodson ready for LSU
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 10-12-2007 07:27 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BATON ROUGE -- On behalf of himself and his teammates, Kentucky quarterback Andre Woodson would like to thank LSU.

That 49-0 drubbing the Tigers dished out in Tiger Stadium last season was a valuable lesson for the Wildcats. After some choice words from Woodson in the locker room, the Wildcats rebounded and have gone 10-2 since.

Woodson is a Heisman Trophy candidate and considered by some to be the best quarterback in the country. He leads the SEC in passing yardage, has thrown only two interceptions and is second in passing efficiency (154.3).

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-12-2007 06:08 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Woodson is the reason UK lost to USC. He had better get over the deer in headlight mentality that he had in his last game, if UK has any chance to stay with LSU. I hope Andre plays the game of his life. The senior QB has a big chance at redemption. I hope he grabs it with both hands and plays a great game.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-12-2007 07:58 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
Woodson is the reason UK lost to USC.

Some can look at it that way, but UK's offensive line did nothing to help the cause. He was under pressure on all of his turnovers and the pressure was quick. It wasn't like he was holding onto the ball and then making the turnover. The ball was snapped and the USC defense was right there. It was an aweful performance by the offensive line.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-12-2007 09:40 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The senior played like a freshman. The lateral that went for a td, was the worst play of the game. The INT in the endzone was a huge mistake and wasn't the O line's fault.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-13-2007 05:48 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by boomdaddy:
The senior played like a freshman. The lateral that went for a td, was the worst play of the game. The INT in the endzone was a huge mistake and wasn't the O line's fault.

You were watching a different game than me then which is fine, because fans see games differently.

What I saw through my eyes was on the interception Woodson was about to get crushed and tried to make a play. On the lateral he was trying to not take the sack to kill momentum and the ball ended up being a lateral because two USC players were all over his lower body about 1/2 a second after the snap.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-13-2007 06:46 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Feeling pressure and moving around in the pocket is a big part of what makes a successful QB. Also, a QB has plenty of options to avoid a turn over, which include runnning with the ball, throwing it out of bounds, and even taking the occasional sack.
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-13-2007 12:38 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the offensive line was horrible and caused the turnovers. You have to at least give your QB a few seconds to make a decision. On those turnovers the d-line arrived about the same time as the ball.

We will just have to disagree on this topic.

--------------------

redbone

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2007 08:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The offensive line did a great job holding their own against arguably the best front four in the country..Pretty amazing turn-around from last week..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-13-2007 09:11 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
The offensive line did a great job holding their own against arguably the best front four in the country..Pretty amazing turn-around from last week..

They did an outstanding job. They all get a game ball from me. First time in 25 games that LSU didn't have a sack.

--------------------

redbone

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-13-2007 09:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not giving up a single sack is an amazing stat in itself!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124045 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2007 09:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey, i think they read your posts and deceided to step it up a notch. I think you the deserve the game ball. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-13-2007 09:47 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I second that motion, Catman!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124045 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com