TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Wildcats pivitol game..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wildcats pivitol game..
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2007 08:24 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This game will tell us how far our program has come. We are playing a elite team on our own field with 70,000 of our fans cheering our team on. If we win we have will have arrived, if we play them tough and lose we can still say we have arrived but if we look bad and get killed we still will have a lot of work to do.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-12-2007 10:18 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This game has me very nervous. It really all depends upon how our guys respond to the USC loss. If we come in focused, loose, and intense, I think we can take LSU to the limit, if not win. If we retain even a shadow of self-doubt, or cannot regain our composure, LSU could romp all over us. Woodson needs to regain his swagger and absolute self-confidence, and our guys need to be playing in the moment, not thinking about last week, or next week, but NOW.

This is indeed the pivotal game of the season, and I have high hopes that we come out of it with heads held high (and a gleaming 6-1 record!). We have the high-powered offense to offset their vaunted defense, but Woodson and company definitely need to bring their A game tomorrow as they take full advantage of what few opportunities that such a good defense will allow.

Should we come out and get shellacked by LSU, I could see us getting routed by Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. Not a good thought, but a real possibility should we hang our heads and continue making crucial mistakes.

BUT, if we gather our wits, get our heads screwed back on correctly, and bring it tomorrow, we just might, just maybe take it to LSU, climb back into the top ten, and rekindle our SEC championship hopes.

Call me -- nervous, but hopeful...

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13657 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 10-12-2007 11:45 AM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good comments and I agree with all except one: I don't see the LSU game as the pivotal game of this season. Instead I see the Mississipi State game in two weeks as pivotal and crucial. Why? In all likelihood (I pray I'm wrong) Cats will be on a 3-game losing streak, out of the polls, not much of a factor in SEC East race, and with UGA and UT remaining. Beat MSU (Homecoming) and UK becomes goal eligible, rights the ship a bit, increases confidence and reasonably could finish 9-3 with a medium-high bowl bid. Lose to MSU (better than most give credit to) and worst-case scenario, i.e. 5-7 becomes a possibility. Of course, a victory over LSU and/or UF would wreck the prophesy which would make me ecstatic.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-12-2007 04:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
prophet, i am not saying we have to win the game, to be honest i doubt if we will. They are the best team in the country and we are not in that stature yet. I do however think we need to play them a good game and not roll over like we did last year.

This game is perfect as it really shows us how we stack up to a very good football team...

--------------------

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2007 08:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd say we stacked up pretty good against a very talented LSU team. We are for real, now if we can keep it going and play hard every game for the rest of the year and who knows what will happen..

--------------------

bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 10-13-2007 08:37 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
In all likelihood (I pray I'm wrong) Cats will be on a 3-game losing streak
Thank goodness, prophet finally made a wrong call. [Wink]

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-13-2007 09:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you saying the Prophet doesn't walk on water? [Eek!]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124045 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-13-2007 09:27 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So Catmandoo, have we finally arrived?

We are finally maiking some noise in the national football spotlight for a change!!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124045 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com