TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » LSU: Blog readers comment on loss - New Orleans Times-

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LSU: Blog readers comment on loss - New Orleans Times-
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 10-14-2007 06:16 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The defensive line was disappointing. For the last two weeks, offensive schemes have taken Dorsey out. There was very little pressure on Woodson, who is arguably the nation's best quarterback.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-14-2007 09:17 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One LSU fan is complaining about one sided calls? I really think UK got hosed in the first half by the refs. Maybe if I was an LSU fan, I would have recalled the events differently.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 10-14-2007 11:17 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Isn't it great to hear another team and the coach of that team complaining about not getting the calls? For forty years or more we have been complaining about how we never get the calls, and they always laughed at us. My question is, "how does it feel when the shoe is on the other foot?"

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheBadLieutenant
unregistered

posted 10-14-2007 11:46 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-33/1192345398282860.xml&coll=1

"Some of them could have gone both ways. It's third down and we're fighting to get off the field," Steltz said. "When the penalty goes against us, it's another opportunity for them to score. You get disappointed when you're trying to get off the field and you can't."

Said Miles: "I'm going to have to see these on film (chuckles). I'm going to have to review it very closely. It appeared to me some of those penalties that aided drives should be reviewed."

If they are talking about flags that kept drives going, then someone should show them the video of that 4th down call against us. if they are upset about that OT holding call on Tamme in endzone, they are dreaming. They never did show a good replay of that interference call against steltz that the announcers said may have evened things out after the call against us in first half. All they showed was a clip after the ball was there and the UK WR was clearly wrapped up at that point. That looked like a good call to me.

I saw four really bad calls all game.

- The 4th down interferance call against us
- The interferance call against them at WASN'T called in the first half when our WR got jammed after the ball was in the air and the refs called the pass uncatchable
- The interferance call AGAINST them on the tipped ball. It clearly was a bad call, but it got overturned, so no harm
- Not throwing Jackson out of the game for his overhand right to Woodson. He made a big tackle after that and should have been in the showers at the time.

IP: Logged
Cat_fan63
Player
Member # 2874

posted 10-14-2007 06:05 PM      Profile for Cat_fan63   Email Cat_fan63   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TBL, Im glad somebody else mentioned that overhead club to the head of Woodson, why was that guy not tossed, he should have definetly been in the shower. I didnt even hear the announcers say much about it. It was definetly done on purpose.
Posts: 266 | From: Richmond | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com