TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Will Kentucky beat Florida?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Will Kentucky beat Florida?
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-15-2007 05:41 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a huge game. Can UK keep the momentum going? Or, will Florida prove to be too tough, after having an extra week to prepare?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 23 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at 10-15-2007 05:39 PM board time.
Voting stopped at 10-20-2007 02:30 PM board time.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
viperz
Player
Member # 289

posted 10-15-2007 06:46 PM      Profile for viperz     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, 2 weeks to prepare will be hard to beat. See OSU '07 for example.

I really hope UK wins and it might just be UK's year. I'm pretty sick of hearing about Florida down here.

Posts: 4622 | From: Tampa, Florida | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-15-2007 07:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will have to play a perfect game with no give aways and our defense controlling Tebow's runs...We win this one and we will be ranked in the top 5..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-16-2007 07:41 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not "will" but "when"...

2 weeks to prepare for UK and Florida should be ready.

But, UK beat the team that Florida couldn't beat. They came close...but didn't finish the job.

Tebow is the Florida offense. Put him out of commission and Florida is in trouble. I don't know about Urban Meyer letting his QB take as many shots as Tebow takes every game.

UK will be ready for Florida. It doesn't take long to analyze what UF does on offense. The question is how do you contain the offense? Take away the QB draw and make Tebow throw more than he wants to.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 10-16-2007 09:26 AM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the same effort, and providing the physical pounding didn't take too much of a toll: yes.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 10-16-2007 10:22 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we had Little I would vote yes.
No little and two weeks to prepare. I think Florida wins by 8.

Hope I am wrong...

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
JAWS
Player
Member # 447

posted 10-16-2007 02:27 PM      Profile for JAWS   Email JAWS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a game that could easily go either way. Yes, Urban has never lost a game when he's had at least two weeks to prepare, but I wouldn't hang my hat on that. First of all, UK has an exceptional QB in a good system and other than the USC game, has shown that they can put the ball in the endzone when it counts. Secondly, the UF secondary has been a concern all year and is vulnerable to the short quick pass. The question will be if UK can run the ball effectively enough to confuse the Gators.

The Gators on the other hand have quite an offense themselves. And contrary to belief, it is not just Tebow running the ball. What makes the offense go is Tebow distributing the ball to his playmakers, ie: Harvin, Caldwell, Murphy, Ingram, Cooper, Fayson, and Moore. If everything else is working, Tebow is just another weapon.

While this game has all the makings of an offensive show I expect to see some exciting defense as well. No telling what each staff has up their sleeves. I also think the game being in Lexington is an advantage for the Cats.

And to think I thought I didn't need to be here until BBall season.

Posts: 84 | From: Tallahassee,Fl | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-17-2007 07:43 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If UK can beat LSU without Little, they can beat Florida without him as well. Having him would be great, but UK can manage without him.

UK wins by 10.

--------------------

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-18-2007 09:19 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think our super fast tailback - locke - will get a lot of carries for around 100 yards and we will win 35-28 [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 10-18-2007 11:19 PM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You gotta be impressed with Locke, only a freshman who this time last year was playing
in high school!

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ohiocat
Player
Member # 2560

posted 10-19-2007 10:14 AM      Profile for ohiocat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If UK can be as physical and psyched up as they were against LSU,I believe they will win.You just get a certain feeling this team knows it can hang with any team in the country.In the past this was far from the case.

Go Cats!I always love to see Florida take it on the chin.

UK 27
Florida 24

Posts: 168 | From: Hilliard Ohio | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
DT519M
Player
Member # 1068

posted 10-19-2007 08:12 PM      Profile for DT519M     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They just beat the #1 team in the nation,why cant they beat Florida ? They are no fluke.
Its gonna take another great effort but yes they can !

Posts: 525 | From: GEORGETOWN,KY | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 10-21-2007 06:02 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate it when I am right, especially when we lose.
Valiant effort once again though. Old Cats would have thrown in the towel when down two touchdowns.

--------------------

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-21-2007 06:12 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm dissapointed that they lost. They could have been in a title hunt, had they kept a winning streak going. This team goes down fighting and doesn't hang their head. They still have a lot of tough games ahead. USC clearly outplayed UK and Vandy beat them. Georgia on the road, after UK beat them last year, will be a big game. And, UT has to go down this year. UK has had too many close games with the big orange stain, to not get any wins against them.
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 10-21-2007 06:56 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
None of the remaining games are gimmes.
I say we go 2-2 and finish up 8-4. They surpasses my expectations for these Cats and I will take that every year.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-21-2007 07:23 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think UK has the talent to win out. But, I predict a loss at Georgia and the rest are wins.
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-21-2007 09:38 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I say UK run the table the rest of the season

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com