TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » South Florida should be No. 1

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: South Florida should be No. 1
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 10-16-2007 08:11 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. South Florida actually should be No. 1: I agree with those who have a problem with South Florida being No. 2 in the BCS standings. The Bulls should actually be No. 1. The BCS standings should be about who you play and who you beat. USF beat Auburn on the road and West Virginia at home. Ohio State has played non-conference games with Youngstown State, Akron, and Kent State and its best win to date is over Washington (2-3).

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 10-16-2007 09:35 AM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OSU is #1 purely on the reputation (overrated I might add) of the Big Eleven.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-16-2007 09:46 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are in a Mickey Mouse conferance and their non-conferance schedule is even worse....If they played our schedle they wouldn't win 6 games!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-17-2007 07:46 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the OSU played an SEC schedule, they wouldn't even be ranked right now.

Of course, that could be said about a lot of teams in the rankings right now.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
viperz
Player
Member # 289

posted 10-17-2007 09:28 AM      Profile for viperz     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
They are in a Mickey Mouse conferance and their non-conferance schedule is even worse....If they played our schedle they wouldn't win 6 games!

I assume this is about OSU?
Posts: 4622 | From: Tampa, Florida | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-18-2007 10:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess South Florida just showed us why they shouldn't be number 1 ! They put up a valiant effort. FOrced Rutgers into 3 turnovers, but they didn't capitolize on the late turnover in Rutgers territory when they needed a score in the worsed way!

30-27 the final!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
viperz
Player
Member # 289

posted 10-19-2007 12:46 AM      Profile for viperz     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bummer [Frown]
Posts: 4622 | From: Tampa, Florida | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-19-2007 09:24 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
v, i'm sorry i should have been more specific. I was referring to South Florida. I am not a big 10 fan but do believe they have a lot of talented teams in the big 10..The Big East on the other hand is not nearly as talented imo.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ohiocat
Player
Member # 2560

posted 10-19-2007 10:10 AM      Profile for ohiocat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well another BCS wannabee bites the dust.Did anyone really think USF would be there in the end?Boston College will bite the dust against Virginia Tech which should put LSU back to #2.This really looks good now for LSU if they can run the table although I have my doubts about their passing game and their offense as a whole.This is the craziest college football season I have ever seen.There is not one team that stands out as really being the best.
Posts: 168 | From: Hilliard Ohio | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 10-19-2007 11:53 AM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Considering USF's lofty (over-hyped) ranking, last night's game was either the unmasking of an impostor or a case of on-the-road jitters and succumbing to pressure. Either way it wasn't a good display of big time football by either Bulls or Knights. Poor coaching and decision making on both sides, execution woeful, thus it just wasn't a good FB game, closely contested but not good.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
LouisvilleCat
Player
Member # 2679

posted 10-19-2007 11:59 AM      Profile for LouisvilleCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to know what the unsportsmanlike conduct call was for on one of USFs TDs. I saw the receiver catch the ball, drop it on the ground and celebrate with another team mate or 2. Nothing that I saw should have been a penalty. Maybe he said something and the ref heard it, not sure. Cable went out (EAS came up) so I never got to hear an explanation of the call.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com