TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Gator Bait???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gator Bait???
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-19-2007 09:44 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Florida has this slogan that they are fond of that says, "If you're not a Gator, then you're Gator bait."

...ummm... isn't the purpose of bait to lure the prey into a place where the predator can thin attack and kill or subdue the baited prey?

So, wouldn't being Gator bait actually be a good thing for Florida opponents?

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-19-2007 09:57 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you got something there Brandon!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36279 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Relient
Player
Member # 2511

posted 10-19-2007 10:37 PM      Profile for Relient     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's good logic. I guess Florida fans are thinking that gators chomp down on bait so therefore their opponents are going to get eaten up. They don't look past their initial chomp and see they are going to be attacked by a predator. So does that mean they are short sighted and don't plan accordingly? That's not a desirable trait.

--------------------
"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" - William Wallace (Braveheart)

Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 10-21-2007 10:10 AM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I think to say "Gator Prey" would be more logical. Predators feed on prey in the wild, not bait. Bait is what fisherman use to capture the predator. Never really thought of that, but a good point.

--------------------
Nothing stinks like a Big Orange!

Posts: 218 | From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com