TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Tebow passes Woodson in Scripps Howard Heisman poll -

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tebow passes Woodson in Scripps Howard Heisman poll -
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 10-25-2007 06:04 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For the sixth week in a row, there is a new leader in the Scripps Howard Heisman Trophy poll. But for the first time this season, there is a consensus leader as Florida quarterback Tim Tebow surged to a near-unanimous lead.

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 10-25-2007 11:27 AM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This coincides with my previous "prophesy" that the Heisman is Tebow's to lose: Gators win out, Tebow strikes the pose.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-25-2007 11:45 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still think Ray Rice is the best player. He probably won't win it, but he should be in the top 3.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TheBadLieutenant
unregistered

posted 10-25-2007 12:03 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is voting done before or after SEC title game?

Good news for Woodson is that nearly everyone in the country has him 1, 2 or 3. I might come down to who loses the fewest games the rest of the way between UK, UF and BC. This is always a good heisman page:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/heisman

IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 10-25-2007 12:15 PM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To me, Woodson is already a winner. To go from possible second string to Heismann consideration in less than two years is a much greater story me than voting for some stud who goes somewhere where everyone will see him anyway.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 10-25-2007 01:17 PM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheBadLieutenant:
I[t] might come down to who loses the fewest games the rest of the way between UK, UF and BC.

I agree with that 100%.

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 10-25-2007 04:04 PM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Heisman is overrated. There was a discussion on here a few days ago about Charles Woodson winning it over Peyton Manning. Did that have anything to do with their NFL careers? No. I think it's still good for the program that Woodson will at least get to go to New York and partake in all the festivities, that's good exposure for UK. Whether or not Tebow wins it or not, I really could care less. Andre's having another big year and the Cats are 6-2 and will finish at least 9-3. That's all that matters.

--------------------
Nothing stinks like a Big Orange!

Posts: 218 | From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com