TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Matt Ryan and BC

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Matt Ryan and BC
Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 10-25-2007 08:59 PM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually heard Herbstreit this week on ESPN say that Matt Ryan should be the 1st QB taken in the draft. Well...ole' Ryan is actually playing somebody tonight and I don't even think he has 100 yards passing in the 3rd Qtr. and has 1 Int. Funny listening to so-called "experts". Andre has played LSU and Florida, arguably the 2 best teams in the country, and put up incredible stats. But...Matt Ryan was ahead in the Heisman? What a joke.

--------------------
Nothing stinks like a Big Orange!

Posts: 218 | From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-25-2007 09:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is a true injustice and makes you wonder how these media people keep their jobs. If they couldn't tell the differance between Woodson and Ryan, well it's really hard to believe...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 10-25-2007 10:10 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BC just salvaged their season and Ryan his Heisman candidacy with 2 TD's in last 4 minutes. Bad coaching decision by VT defense, stopped what had worked all night.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 10-26-2007 06:46 AM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just saw it on Sportscenter. Unbelievable. Good win for BC, but how good is Va. Tech? They only beat North Carolina by like 7 and lost to LSU by 30+ earlier this year. Not overly impressive and looking at the rest of their schedule, looks like at Clemson is their toughest test left. They could run the table unless Florida State and Miami suddenly decide that they were pretty good not too long ago.

--------------------

Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 10-26-2007 06:47 AM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was referring to BC in the above post just for the record.

--------------------

ohiocat
Player
Member # 2560

posted 10-26-2007 09:02 AM      Profile for ohiocat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You guys here complaining about Ohio State being #1 should really have a beef with BC being #2.IMO BC is not even a top 10 team and the ACC is weaker than the Big 10.If BC runs the table(which I'm sure won't happen) and ends up in the BCS game,what an injustice that would be to any 1 loss team.
Posts: 168 | From: Hilliard Ohio | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-26-2007 09:13 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's crazy! Can you imagine if Boston College had to play South Carolina, LSU and Florida all in a row? Ryan would not complete 50% of his passes and few if any TD passes. Boston College as the second best team in the nation is a joke!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
viperz
Player
Member # 289

posted 10-26-2007 11:06 AM      Profile for viperz     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ohiocat:
You guys here complaining about Ohio State being #1 should really have a beef with BC being #2.IMO BC is not even a top 10 team and the ACC is weaker than the Big 10.If BC runs the table(which I'm sure won't happen) and ends up in the BCS game,what an injustice that would be to any 1 loss team.

BC is playing a tougher schedule than OSU according to Sagarin. 51 vs 71. The Big10 is pathetic this year, ranked behind even the ACC.
Posts: 4622 | From: Tampa, Florida | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
ohiocat
Player
Member # 2560

posted 10-26-2007 02:34 PM      Profile for ohiocat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by viperz:
quote:
Originally posted by ohiocat:

BC is playing a tougher schedule than OSU according to Sagarin. 51 vs 71. The Big10 is pathetic this year, ranked behind even the ACC.
So What.
OSU and 10 others would squash BC anyway.
That stength of schedule will change the next 4 weeks in OSU's favor.
What's everyone's beef with the Big Ten around here?
Yeah they are weak this year but that goes in cycles.
Yes The SEC is a better conference but to suggest that a 2 loss SEC team deserves to go to the national title game over and undefeated OSU or 1 loss USC,Oregon or Oklahoma as some have suggested is ridiculous.These things usually play themselves out so if OSU loses then they don't deserve to get in just like Florida with 2 losses have taken themselves out.Same thing with LSU should they lose again.

[ 10-26-2007, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: ohiocat ]

Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 10-26-2007 02:56 PM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The beef is a complaint about schedules of vastly differing strengths making w's and l's a bad way of evaluating teams. It is the same argument used to justify why Hawaii doesn't have the same ranking as Ohio State.

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
ohiocat
Player
Member # 2560

posted 10-26-2007 03:12 PM      Profile for ohiocat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you want to really know the truth,nobody here in Columbus expected OSU to be in this position in what really was a rebuilding year on the offensive side of the ball.Nobody expected all the teams ahead of them to lose so quickly either.I had them pegged at 8-3 this year and that still may happen.No big deal to me with the lower expectations this year.However if you expect OSU fans to crawl under a rock and make apologies to the almighty SEC for going undefeated and playing in the national title game ahead of a 2 loss SEC team well then.....
If they do win this Saturday then that will change things.But whatever happens happens and the BCS usually shakes out the right
way.

TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 10-26-2007 03:20 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard another OSU fan say the same thing on sports talk radio here the other day it was good to here............

I don't think its a matter of bowdown to the big bad sec as it is this proves the need for a playoff, you are right the BCS has survived and been right to a point so far but Auburn with Ronnie Brown, Caddilac Williams, and Campbell not getting a shot that might have been the year before the BCS, but its just a feeling that all teams or at least all teams including OSU will have one loss so how do you seperate and if you do then if one loss USC whose loss is to Stanford gets in why can't 2 loss LSU, UF, Heck UK for that matter?????

I agree with you 100% OSU goes undefeated they deserve to play for the N.C., I don't think it will happen and I don't think you really do either, its the one loss syndrome and all that, you even said and I agree after watching is B.C. very good? Heck no, you could possibly have 11-0 B.C. get killed by anyone in the top ten. We will see what happens, but I think its more a push for a playoff than the Big Ten is horrible, it just happens you are on top right now....

--------------------
Is a poster of Wall on my Wall, a oxymoron?

Posts: 2421 | From: Tampa Fl | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
ohiocat
Player
Member # 2560

posted 10-26-2007 03:30 PM      Profile for ohiocat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I honestly think Penn State is the biggest hurdle.We may not clear it and that's fine but please God,someone beat BC.: )
That would be like the year Nebraska played Miami and everyone knew the Cornhuskers would get crushed.
Question.
Anyone here think West Virginia is a dangerous team should they somehow sneak into the 1 or 2 slot in the BCS?Their defense was bad last year but is much improved this year.The way they play their spread running attack,I would want no part of that.You have to outscore those guys or hope they turn the ball over 6 times like they did against South Florida.You really cannot stop them.

TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 10-26-2007 03:42 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep you got that one right, I was at that game and it was awesome, you know what else WVU had super cool fans I drank with them after the game and they were all very cordgial(SP) we need spell check around here, anyway I was on the USF bandwagon living in Tampa and all, they didn't turn the ball over one time in the Rutgers game but they needed that win to prove their worth, WVU against an undefeated OSU would be a possibility but I doubt WVU will Hurdle Oklahoma, USC, Oregon, Cal, how many teams does the Pac Ten have that could make it!!!!

WVU is a solid squad, so is USF, I think Penn State and Michigan our your biggest hurdles and heck Illinois has athletes!

--------------------
Is a poster of Wall on my Wall, a oxymoron?

Posts: 2421 | From: Tampa Fl | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-26-2007 06:34 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I've been wanting a playoff for a long time. The old bowl system was corrupt but the BCS thing is ridiculous to me. A 9-3 Notre Dame team gets a Fiesta Bowl bid? A 13-0 Auburn team gets left at the alter of the national championship?

I think you take the current BCS bowls and make them into a mini playoff of 8 teams.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com