TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » KY Obvioulsy Thought They Could Just Show Up Today

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KY Obvioulsy Thought They Could Just Show Up Today
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 10-27-2007 01:37 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats are getting beat in all aspects of the game. MS's QB is the one who looks like an All-American, and he throws wobbly balls. However, he is completing crucial passes.

Woodson can't find an open receiver, and the only was UK can get back in it is through the passing game.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 10-27-2007 02:21 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I mentioned to a co-worker yesterday that the only way MS wins this game is that KY makes a bunch of turnovers. Now today we cough up 4 funbles of which MS recovered 3 and give up 1 pass interception.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 10-27-2007 02:46 PM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kentucky can never just show up and win anything in football. This program has been losing for a long time and it seems like this group got to thinking they were better than they really were.

--------------------
Nothing stinks like a Big Orange!

Posts: 218 | From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-27-2007 02:50 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
make that 3 interceptions.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 10-27-2007 03:38 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is my post on October 5, on another UK site:

quote:
A lot has been made of the fact that Coach Brooks has turned futility into respectability and noone can argue against it. Neither can one underestimate the effort required, but one of Brooks' and staffs' bigger challenges will be to handle the likely possibility of a 3-game losing streak, 5-3 record, drop from the rankings, becoming a non-factor in SEC East race, and with 4 loseable (also winnable) games remaining. Setting new goals, kick starting motivation, restoring confidence, not easy for sure, but senior leadership will help mitigate the difficulty, but then that's why coaches get paid the amounts they do. It will be interesting to observe.
Turns out the post was right on with the exception that the record going into the MSU game was 6-2 instead of 5-3. The bye-week couldn't have come at a better time. Coach Brooks now has to justify all the accolades.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-27-2007 04:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would assume all egos are back down to earth now after this dismal showing today. I listened to most of it on my truck radio as I worked in the field on electric fences. I have been afraid a lot of luck was going our way to get to a 6-2 record. Now that we're 6-3 and 3 tough games to play the stage is set for us to lose out and finish with a 6-6 record and not be picked for ANY bowl game, no Heisman trophy, no other accolades for the other players. This is what I thought would happen before the season started but the way we had been going I was drawn into believing we would finish about 9-3 and get a good bowl invite. The only way that happens now is if these guys can suck it up and win the final 3 games. Not enough to win the SEC East but maybe finish 2nd or 3rd. You couldn't get me to take that bet with odds of 100-1. I think we may finish 7-5 but that is a stretch of hope.
Posts: 14245 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-27-2007 07:09 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think UK bounces back with the bye week. They were just embarrassed in their own house against a team that really isn't a great team but they are solid and forced something like 6 or 7 turnovers. MSU made the plays they had to make but the offense absolutely stunk up the place today. It looked like the defense was starting to figure out what MSU was doing in the second half, but the offense just couldn't get the job done. Woodson was sacked too many times, too many throws picked off or uncatchable...it was just a mess.

So now, UK has something to prove to themselves and the fans and the country that they were not just a flash-in-the-pan team and they need to do that with the final three games. UK still has a shot to take the SEC east with the Florida loss today, and hopefully a South Carolina loss, they just have to decide that's what they want then go out and earn it.

--------------------

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 10-27-2007 08:12 PM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Georgia looked awfully good today, Tennessee is looking awfully good right now. I know that any team in this conference can beat any other team and you never know what UT or UGA team will show up, but those two games are HUGE and I have big-time doubts now. Not sure if this team can bounce back from this one like the South Carolina game. We should be playing our best football right now, not our worse which was the case today. Vanderbilt isn't a pushover either and can easily hand us a big L. Better buckle the chinstraps and take it up a notch...or they'll finsih 6-6 and go to a mediocre bowl and big a BIG laughing stock of the nation.

--------------------

toner620
Recruit
Member # 2895

posted 10-28-2007 03:04 AM      Profile for toner620     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I understand how everyone is down on the Cats as this seems like other seasons past. But as we have seen all season long this is not the same team as it was 2 years ago and before. Why does no one see that we just went through the hardest 3 game stretch in the past 10 years and came out with a win against the #1 team in the nation. We were beat up on offense from the previous weeks, i mean we had to resort to our 5th string running back, and we still were able to run a decent amount. Our best receiver was out, causing the entire passing game to be messed up. Our luck wasn't good today, and Woodson was put in a position today to fail. Everything will be back to normal against Vandy and the team will be ready to come out and dominate.

Yes we were a disappointment today, and there should be no reason to say it was expected for us to come out flat today. But at least we are in the mindset to say we are a better team than MS, we made bad, un-characteristic mistakes, and we will be back, healthy, to battle Vandy. Fla and USC lost today, opening up the East again, showing good teams can lose.

P.S. we beat UL and LSU. We have talent and mentality to beat anyone

Posts: 2 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-28-2007 05:31 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The cats are beat up and ailing and I think this bye week came at just the right time for UK. I was actually afraid that what happened against MSU would happen against Vandy but hopefully UK will take the off week to heal up and get their key players healthy and come back and be ready to hand Vandy, Georgia, and Tennessee their butts in their helmets and go on and win the SEC East. These kind of games happen, UK just needs to chalk it up to a bad day and move on with the rest of the season.

College football is crazy this year, UK still has a shot at the SEC title.

--------------------

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-28-2007 07:27 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With the bye week, let's hope the Cats can get healthy and win at least 2 out of the last 3. It sure would be nice to get those starters back on the field.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 10-28-2007 11:03 AM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No excuses for losing to Miss. State on homecoming. We were 14 point favorites and teams on a mission take care of business. They had a shot to take control of the East yesterday and were just not ready to play at all. We're 6-3 right now with a win over LSU at home. Miss. State is 5-4 with wins over Auburn and UK on the road, who were both Top 15 teams at the time. That's one of the two SEC schools we actually out-recruit on a yearly basis. Are we any better off as a program than Miss. State? Vanderbilt who beat South Carolina on the road and could still win 6 games?

If we lose at UGA, which we would have to play 10X better than we did yesterday, we'll be 6-4 and staring at another Music City Bowl, which would not be a "successful" season in my eyes. Right now, Brooks is 1-15 against Fla, UGA, UT, and S. Carolina. Let's see if he can turn that around to finish out the season.

[ 10-28-2007, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Knoxville Cat ]

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com