TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Brandon you watching the UF UGA GAME?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brandon you watching the UF UGA GAME?
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 10-27-2007 03:51 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tebow is being used as a QB, not a running back it appears the injuries scared Meyer, he is taking alot more sacks because he is not turning it up field to run, he is 5/6 100 yards 1 touchdown, his incomplete pass hit the guy in the face. I think this is how you wanted to see him use, and honestly its probably better for his body thus ends up being better for the team! You watching? Is that what you meant?

--------------------
Is a poster of Wall on my Wall, a oxymoron?

Posts: 2421 | From: Tampa Fl | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 10-27-2007 04:52 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They need his running too much so they said nevermind and he is a running QB again, oh well its a hell of a game, I hope he doesn't suffer injuries either which could cost him millions!

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-27-2007 05:18 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lets see - 1.Tebow running = Fl winning
2 .Tebow qtr backing = Fl losing

Florida will choose - lets see humm -- Fl takes number 1.

If it is Tebow winning for Florida now and risking a NFL finishing injury - no question

Believe he is not running today as much because of the beating we put on them last week and they are just trying to protect him for rest of the season..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-27-2007 06:53 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got to see the last 10 minutes of the game because I had to work today. Didn't even get to see the UK game but listened to it on radio.

I could see that Tebow was hurting and favoring his right side. That became real apparent of how hurt he was when he couldn't retrieve the bad snap that caused the fumble recovery for Georgia. I liked to see him playing in the roll he was playing (I'm catching bits and pieces of a replay) as a QB. He has good poise, I think his throws need to be crisper than they are and his release needs to get a touch quicker (so does Andre's) but if he were developed as a QB instead of a RB playing QB he would probably leave UF as an amazing QB. For what it's worth, I like him better than I did Chris Leak.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-27-2007 07:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Florida did not lose that game because of their offense, they lost it because of their defense or lack of it....

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 10-27-2007 07:32 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are rigth Catmandoo their defense was terrible kinda like the cats today, are we going to see a Kansas B.C. National Championship?

--------------------

Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 10-28-2007 05:34 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That would be a very low rated National Championship game for sure! [Eek!]

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 11-02-2007 11:12 AM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon:
I could see that Tebow was hurting and favoring his right side. That became real apparent of how hurt he was when he couldn't retrieve the bad snap that caused the fumble recovery for Georgia.

Just as an aside, Tebow wasn't behind center on the play with the bad snap. It was the RB for Florida. Also, Florida recovered that fumble.

The fumble Georgia recovered was one where they nailed the ball out of the hands of the running back from behind on the first drive of the game.

Also, that game was as much fun to watch as any UGA football game I have seen for a long time. I don't see how Tebow can continue to run the ball like he has in the SEC. He is going to get absolutely killed running it 20 times a game in this league.

Edit: Killed is probably too strong. However, I don't see how he can stay healthy for an entire season taking those hits.

[ 11-02-2007, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Atlanta Cat Fan ]

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com