TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Our Worst Fear Happened!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Worst Fear Happened!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-02-2007 09:11 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many of us thought that this years team was a good team as long as we didn't get a lot of injuries. We have a team that if our starters stayed healthy we could play against anyone in the country and it panned out that way with a victory over LSU and Arkansas but when we started losing players to injuries you could see it happening, first with a well fought game against Florida and then a dismal game against Mississipp State who we should have beat by a couple of touchdowns.

Playing in the tough SEC conferance is very hard to do as the league is a physical hard nosed conferance pretty much from top to bottom due to the many of the better players coming out of the south. It's a tough conferance for the teams that don't have enough depth to be able to fill the holes when players go down with injuries. We have always had that problem and it continues to plague us and until we get the numbers it's going to be tough to compete for the entire season.

The off week will really help us and hopefully some of wounded will get healthy enough to help us down the stretch, especially with our game with Tennessee where we have a chance to knock off a team that has drubbed us for years....

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 11-02-2007 10:42 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If injuries stay away we're in great shape, but we still do not have the talented depth to continue to do well when we get the type of injuries we've been getting. For example, we are very deep at RB (for us), but for other teams 6-7 RBs is real depth.

I still think Coach Brooks and the rest of his staff will get us to the point that even when we have these numbers of injuries you will not see a large drop-off in offensive or defensive production, but that is still going to take 1-2 years.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 11-02-2007 03:25 PM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We didn't have Little against LSU or Florida. Burton was not 100% in either of those games. We didn't have both against Miss. State, but again, we haven't had Little for awhile now. We didn't have Johnny Williams, Marcus McClinton, or Roger Williams against LSU, and beat them, the #1 team in the country. Against Miss. State, Micah Johnson was out, but we had McClinton, Roger Williams, Johnny Williams, and even Ricky Lumpkin back on the field. Nobody was injured on the offensive line, who got whipped up front. Injuries are no excuse, not after beating LSU with 4 starters out.

--------------------
Nothing stinks like a Big Orange!

Posts: 218 | From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 11-02-2007 04:51 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually our worst fear, at least my worst , didn't happen, i.e. loss of Woodson. That, I think, would be the proverbial nail.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 11-02-2007 04:55 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MSU flat outplayed UK. The Cats were down to their 4th and 5th string backs. The D was as porous as it has ever been. The turnovers seemed to be contagious. With a bye week, I still say the Cats can get refocussed and finish strong. I predict wins over Vandy and UT. But, I would prefer that the Cats whip them dogs, too.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 11-04-2007 10:26 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know who definitely be out for Sat? tks

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-05-2007 01:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ukcfif, not sure who all will be out but i do know that both Burton and Little will be back...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com