TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » You Anti Tebow Crew Are Missing A Treat!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You Anti Tebow Crew Are Missing A Treat!
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 11-10-2007 08:08 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its absolutely awesome to watch this kid play, for whatever reason you guys don't like him you are costing yourself a rare sports opportunity, to see a college football player this good!

If you watched the first half of South Carolina Game and watched us play South Carolina both games at USC you would fee rather silly about the Tebow Woodson comparison, its not even close!

Tebows offense sure fumbles but its not him!

--------------------
Is a poster of Wall on my Wall, a oxymoron?

Posts: 2421 | From: Tampa Fl | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 11-10-2007 08:34 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He looks invincible tonight.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-10-2007 09:05 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The real question is will he be able to run that type of offense at the next level or is he just a very, very good, college quarterback?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 11-10-2007 09:39 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still don't think he anything special. He's a very typical RB playing QB to me. He a great athlete, but a QB that rates about a B- on my chart. That Dixon kid at Oregon looks like a pretty good QB to me, just like Andre Woodson (although he has been a bit down recently but still pretty fair today)

Honestly, I'm really am trying to see what you guys see in Tebow but I just don't see him as anything more than a fairly decent college RB playing QB.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 11-10-2007 09:44 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our you watching the game Brandon? The team USC that dominated WOodson Sacked him all night, intercepted him and punsihed him, the same defense Tebow is throwing, running, dominating? He has thrown for 270 and his pick hit the guy in the numbers, he has ran for 95 and just maulled a guy at the goal line, our you really saying after watching UK play USC and USC and Tebow play USC at USC that you don't realize what is so special about the guy? Brandon you are a smart guy and a football guy and our watching this game and not seeing how is just eating the USC defense alive running, throwing, everything?

--------------------

TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 11-10-2007 09:49 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dixon better than Tebow? Come on man, whats the next the guy from Kansas [Eek!]

Alright I am not going to try and convince you anymore that Tebow not only is a great player he is a great QB, you don't think so and that fine, you ever here what happened to the guy who isn't seeing whatevery body else see's? He goes blind without ever realizing how special what he missed [Wink]

I made that up myelf I kinda of like it! Someone plaease take the blue goggles off and tell me you are watching this game and realize what a dominating performance he is putting on? He does it eveyr freaking week, why has he lost three games? His defense sucks!

--------------------

TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 11-10-2007 10:06 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If his teammates could catch he would have thrown for three more tonight he litterally hit them in the hands in the endzone three times on deep routes, he throw one bad pass tonight, one last play in the fourth quarter at the seven minute mark, I don't care if he gets the heisman or not because if he doesn't its locked up next year and if he stays four years its back to back, I will bet anyone that Tim Tebow wins the heisman next year, first taker?

--------------------

TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 11-10-2007 10:31 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He ran for five touchdowns and over 120 yards, and he throw for two touchdowns and 300 yards, at USC, the announcer who has won a heisman trophy himself as a QB, ended the game with, "I watched Dixon play last week and I thought I had just watched the best player in college football, well after tonight I change my mind Tebow is the best in college football!" It wasn't exactly that because he mentioned Tebow didn't play as well against Auburn as he did tonight, but it was darn close to word for word!

So a former heisman QB, and Heisman winner and QB says he is the best, so thats gotta be worth something!

--------------------

Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 11-11-2007 08:13 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't say Dixon was better than Tebow. I said I thought Dixon was a great QB.

TK, I have to admit that I've been yanking your chain a little bit. I'm a chain yanker. I yank chains.

I know Tebow is a good player. He has done some impressive things this season. However, I don't think he's the next coming of college football greatness. In the scope of college football, especially in an Urban Meyer coached team, Tebow is very successful. When I say that I don't think he's superman it's because I don't think he'll be able to maintain the type of physical contact from season to season. If he were to play QB in the modern sense, I might have a different perception of him. but he plays the position like it was played back in the early 20th century and that makes him a throwing running back.

Tebow won't be playing this type of football if he makes the NFL. I realize that Urban Meyer utilizes him to the full extent that he can get out of Tebow. I think that is doing Tebow a disservice.

I don't have anything personal against Tebow. He just doesn't look like or play like a QB to me.

Woodson is a better QB to me because of the way he manages the offense and makes decisions on the fly and he does so much better than Tebow. There's more to being a good QB than throwing passes and making sure the right play is called.

Tebow is a better athlete overall than Woodson. But Woodson has a much better handle on the mental side and thus a more complete QB then Tebow. Numbers can be fickle things. They can make you look better than you really are and they can make you look worse than you really are.

That said, I hope Florida loses at least one more game so that UK can win out and take the SEC East.

--------------------

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Knoxville Cat
Player
Member # 2891

posted 11-11-2007 10:28 AM      Profile for Knoxville Cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tebow's a good football player. Not overly fast, not an overly good passer, but he's really big, strong, and efficient. Doesn't do anything special running the football, just uses his size and strength to run over guys. Doesn't do anything special throwing the ball, just finds the open receivers and gets it to them effectively. I just think at some point in time, and maybe that time will not be until the NFL, taking all those hits will catch up with him. Nobody is above injury and it just takes one hit. Taking all those shots will wear on his body in the long run. I mean, he got hammered a few times last night, but just imagine him taking those shots in the NFL, playing 16 regular season games a year, in the most violent sport in the world with the biggest, strongest athletes in the world. He will have to adjust in the pros, but you never know. He may be a great one in the making. The offense he's in at Florida under Meyer suits him perfectly, but that won't always be there.

[ 11-11-2007, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Knoxville Cat ]

--------------------
Nothing stinks like a Big Orange!

Posts: 218 | From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 11-11-2007 01:14 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TK-Although he is a great, great college player, I still do not think he will be able to do the same thing in the pros and I am not even sure he will get a shot at QB in the pros. He has a great arm, but he cannot possibly withstand the beating he would take every week if ran and much in the pros as he does in college.

What makes him great in college, his running, is what would be his downfall in the pros. The real unknown is whether he could adapt to playing QB without relying on his running. I truly think he might become a tight end in the NFL somewhat like Derrick Ramsey did with the Raiders.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-12-2007 07:41 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tampa,

Tebow benefits enormously from the Florida offensive line. The reason USC beat the dickens out of us, sacked Woodson so many times, and forced so many bad throws was the simple fact that our offensive line couldn't stop their relentless pass rush. Florida's line did.

Had Woodson had the time to allow plays to develop, you can bet your sweet bippie that he would have looked a lot better, and UK would have won that game.

Tebow's running ability is what makes him so darn effective. Defenses have to respect that, opening up the passing game. And that "play action to himself" is something that defenses haven't figured out how to deal with yet!

All in all, Urban Meyer's offense is a blast from the past, and is effective simply because it is unique. And Tebow is The Perfect Quarterback for his system. But it is the system that makes Florida tick. I would imagine that someone like Curtis Pulley would absolutely thrive in that offense.

In a way, Urban Meyer's offense is sort of like Claiborne's "Wide Tackle Six" defense, which hadn't been seen for 20 years when he implemented it. It was quite effective simply because nobody in the league knew how to prepare for it.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13656 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 11-12-2007 08:54 AM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it is Running ability not the line Tip, the only reason I say that is when UK hurt Tebow the only team to do that by the way [Wink] He had to be a non-scrambling QB to protect the shoulder against the Bulldogs, he was sacked 6 times, I don't think its his line, I think its his ability to take the ball upfield and run over people. My friends are riding me about Tebow big time, they tell me my crush has gotten ridiculous, my one friend says my man cruch on Tiger Woods is okay because he is a proven winner but Tebow is not because he hasn't won anything yet, he says his potential is enormous but he has done anything yet, I told him if that was the case then Barry Sanders wasn't a great player? He was really a little taken aback, I got him in a way with that one [Big Grin]

Here is the thing on Tebow, everything thinks he can' throw, he sure can throw and he is accurate, the only trouble he has is with the Deep Deep ball and he throws it accurate its just Wobbly, you ever seen some of Payton Manning's passes wobbly as all get out!

I am not comparing him to Manning, all I am saying is in my eyes to guy will play QB at the next level and be good at it, greatest ever probably not, does he have things to work on yes, he needs to pearn to protect himself, he needs to learn to manage the game, he does make good decisions most of the time, he doesn't just sling the ball in hopes that someone catches it. I think he needs to lose weight not gain it to be a more effective player at the next level, but for college I think he is very very effective. He has things I would want in my QB, and that is intensity, a brain, atheltic ability, drive, guts, you name it, he reminds me of and I think BCM said this of Vick in college, you watched Vick in college and said my gosh this guy is amazing can he do it at the next level, well he kinda did, he was good but not great, difference is Tebow can throw and runs with strentgh not speed but he is not slow.....

Who knows, all I know is I look forward to watching him play every saturday and I hope he makes it to the NFL and continues to play well, because on top of it all from all accounts and I work with his aunt sometimes he is a good kid! No drugs, no cussing, he is a good ole milk drinking christian kid, how can you not root for a guy like that?

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 11-12-2007 11:37 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TampaKat:
my one friend

I have two and maybe even three.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36279 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 11-12-2007 11:55 AM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't exaggerate Norm its not healthy, most of your friends have been Castrated and or Hung for their political views [Big Grin]

--------------------

Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 11-13-2007 07:32 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tebow is good for Florida.

I'm not trying to be down on the guy. I think that he should be being groomed as a passer first before a runner. Most of the time he doesn't do that. If you watch him when he does go back for a pass he usually doesn't check all his reads before he tucks and runs. If he has 5 options to pick from on a pass, he will check to two of them before he decides to run the ball. While that has been effective a good percentage of the time, it won't be that way at the next level.

Running the ball should be the last option for Tebow. That's why they recruit running backs. As long as Urban Meyer insists on running him 20 times a game, I don't think he will ever become the QB that he could be.

You can coach passing ability. You can teach technique and build strength. Right now I think Tebow is playing a similar role that McFadden plays at Arkansas, except Tebow can throw it better and McFadden can run the ball better.

Tebow already has running ability. If he were to be coached as a drop back passer, he very well could be a very good QB.

I just think that Tebow has a lot of potential that isn't being utilized right now. He needs to learn a little more patience, check all of his reads before he takes off, and let his teammates get some more touches of the ball. He's going to be the man at Florida, but he doesn't have to do everything himself.

--------------------

TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 11-13-2007 08:48 AM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They need a back Brandon you are right, Percy Harvin is great but he is a reggie bush type of guy, 10-15 carries 5-1o receptions for big plays, he is not a Rice, they have no Rice and how I don't know because the talent they get is ridiculous, heck Locke would be a good fit for them and they don't have that, they have all little fast guys who can' t take hits!

If Tebow were smart he would leave go to the NFL and get all he needs to be successful because I think you are right Urban Meyer is not worried about his NFL career he is worried about winning ball games and now, some of it is Tebows fault too, dude slide!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 11-13-2007 09:42 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Urban Meyer is not in the business of preparing players for the pros. His job is to win games for the University of Florida and he is doing a darn good job...

Tim Tebow will go to the NFL when he thinks it's time. He seems to enjoy the college life and is doing a unbelieveable job playing football. He will make it in the NFL and any team would love to have him. Anyone who thinks he is not good enough to play at a very level is missing the boat. He is that good and will play the way his coachs ask him to play in the NFL just like he is doing at Florida..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 11-13-2007 01:31 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But Urban Meyer is in the business of preparing players for the NFL. If he coaches players to be the best they can be and if that turns into NFL level talent, then he only stands to benefit from it while the players are there.

Heck, if I were a head coach, I'd be trying to turn all of my players into NFL talent.

His job is to win football games but you have to cultivate and mold and coach the players in order to do that. Coaches want to have their players be the best football players they can be, not just the best college football players they can be.

If Tebow were to go to the NFL right now he would be a 2-3 year project at QB. If Urban Meyer teaches him how to be a more complete QB, he could be a high lottery pick. If not, he'll be somebody's backup for a few years.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com