TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Several Seminoles will be ineligible

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Several Seminoles will be ineligible
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 12-15-2007 09:50 AM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FSU will declare an undetermined number of players ineligible for the bowl game. The school's decision relates to academic misconduct involving student-athletes and a former tutor who provided improper help on an online test.

"Oh, yeah. We don't have a choice," FSU President T.K. Wetherell said yesterday. "When we know without a shadow of a doubt, or that a kid admits he has done something, we don't have a choice. NCAA rules tell us that."

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 12-15-2007 10:12 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like academic misconduct is a lot worse than breaking laws at FSU. [Big Grin]

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-16-2007 08:06 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You didn't see Bobby making that announcement. I would have loved to see the look on his face when FSU President T.K. Wetherell told him that his inelgible players were NOT going to play. I bet his chin touched his toes...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
JAWS
Player
Member # 447

posted 12-17-2007 02:49 PM      Profile for JAWS   Email JAWS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am currently in Tallahassee and the word so far is that at least nine players will be ineligible for the bowl game, with the possibility of that number going as high as 15. The suspensions will also roll over to next season and although the number of games is undetermined, it is expected to be three.

Interviews with all the players involved is being conducted and if later the NCAA determines that any player lied, he will lose his entire eligibility.

Posts: 84 | From: Tallahassee,Fl | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com