TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Practice, practice, practice!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Practice, practice, practice!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-18-2007 08:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The cats are getting ready for their big game with Bobby and his Florida State Seminoles. They are concentrating on fundimentals and making sure they will be ready to play.

Even though his team has started preparing for what it will do against Florida State in the Music City Bowl Dec. 31, Kentucky coach Rich Brooks says his team will continue to concentrate on fundamentals.

The Kentucky coach wants to make sure his team takes full advantage of the 15 extra practices it gets for the second straight year by making a bowl game.

"The advantage of bowl practice is that it's so important to the advancement of your program because you get extra work with your young players and players who haven't played a lot," said Brooks on Sunday.

Practice makes perfect

[ 12-18-2007, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 12-18-2007 09:57 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am excited! I just found out last night that I am going to the game.

Just wondering, when is the last time that Brooks has coached against an older coach?

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-18-2007 10:10 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BCM, great to hear you are going. My son and grandsons went last year and they raved about the stadium and the expieriance. It should be a great game with two old timers on the sideline in Bobby and Rich. Have a great time and let us know how it went..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
LouisvilleCat
Player
Member # 2679

posted 12-18-2007 03:10 PM      Profile for LouisvilleCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went to the game last year and had a blast. Watched the entire game from the top of the ramp that leads to the upper level seating. Great spot to stand and see everything.

Across the river from the stadium is the bar district. Good layout with bars/restaurants of all types over a 4 or 5 block stretch. If you go there wanting to eat at the any of the restaurants in that area, do it early or be ready to wait for a while to get a table.

Sadly, I will have to miss it this year.

Wildtut
Player
Member # 2225

posted 12-18-2007 03:25 PM      Profile for Wildtut   Email Wildtut   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
know this dont say anything about ky football but it wont be long before michigan will be back on top know why they have a HILL-----BILLY for a coach

--------------------
I was a young wildcat when i was born i be and old wildcat when i die

Posts: 1942 | From: Rock wood Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com