TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Geaux Tigers!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Geaux Tigers!!
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 01-07-2008 08:55 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LSU settled down and after it caught up with the Suckeyes...proceeded to put a good ol' SEC Azz whoopin' on them...

2nd half coming up. 24-10 LSU at the half.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-07-2008 08:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man what a half! After teh first 6 min. LSU's defense settled down and started whipping some buckeye butt!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124142 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-07-2008 08:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LSU has the ball to start the second half!!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-07-2008 10:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That turnover by Flynn was a big momentum swing, wasn't it?

--------------------

casedog
Player
Member # 1436

posted 01-07-2008 11:51 PM      Profile for casedog        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LSU now has bragging rights across the nation...except in Lexington [Big Grin]
Posts: 4023 | From: lexington | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
viperz
Player
Member # 289

posted 01-08-2008 12:02 AM      Profile for viperz     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man I love the suckeyes getting another ass whipping laid to them. Long live SEC football.
Posts: 4622 | From: Tampa, Florida | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-08-2008 05:22 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There again it proves that the BCS system needs fixing! It's just someones opinion that Ohio State deserves to be playing for a national title!

That somebody was obviously wrong!!

--------------------

Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 01-08-2008 06:37 AM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bear in mind that there is some significant "standard deviation" with a single game system as well. In baseball, for example, the 1996 World Series saw the Braves jump out to a 2-0 lead behind a combined score of 16-1. Had it been a single game or best of 3 it would have been over and commentators would have said that this "proved" the Braves were significantly better. Instead, the Yankees came back and won the series.

I wouldn't totally bury OSU at this point by any means. They clearly aren't the champs and you have to admit that they may not have played more than two teams in the top 20, but there is enough variation that a lot of these bowls could come out differently on a different day, IMO.

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 01-08-2008 07:38 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
LSU now has bragging rights across the nation...except in Lexington
And in Fayetteville. [Big Grin]

PS-found this on Yahoo. Thought some here would like it:

Big Ten Commissioner on the SEC

[ 01-08-2008, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: bayer ]

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 01-08-2008 07:46 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A lot of bowls could come out differently, but not this one. I think if LSU played OSU in a best of 7 series LSU would win in a sweep.

I'm glad we finally put to bed the argument of who is the best conference in the country. SEC has won back-to-back championships and 3 of the last 5 and might have been more but the BCS system screwed a couple of teams.

If they don't go to playoff system, which they should, they at least need to go to a plus 1 type of series. The top 4 teams play in the BCS bowls, #1 plays #4 and 2 plays 3, and the winners of those games face each other for the national championship.

The SEC beat the following conferences in the bowl games:

C-USA
ACC (2x)
Big 12
Big 10 (2x)
WAC

Lost to one Big 10 team and one Big 12 team.

9 of the 12 member school went to bowl games.

So if anyone think that the SEC isn't the best of the best...you're not thinking about football.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 01-08-2008 10:49 AM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the most telling statistic of all is: Ohio State University has never -- that's never, that's not a single time, that's not ever -- defeated a Southeastern Conference team in a bowl game. Now 0-9 as I recall.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 01-08-2008 11:41 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Must be the Woody Hayes curse. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-08-2008 03:04 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bayer,

Thanks for the link to the article. I must say that that is the most demeaning statement I have ever seen by a conference commissioner.

Tsk. If you can't beat 'em, impugn their intelligence. Way to go, Big 10!

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13664 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 01-08-2008 03:33 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Delaney is suffering from terminal foot-in-mouth disease and this year's symptoms are more severe than last year's, incidentally they seem to only appear after embarrassment. Elsewhere on football front -- symptoms show the disease may have spread to west coast where the infection can explain the Rose Bowl committee's decision to invite Illinois. Pac 10 commissioner is under health watch after vowing to withdraw from NCAA if D1A (BCS) playoff is adopted. No word from CDC in Atlanta but UGA president recognizes serious nature of situation.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 01-08-2008 04:53 PM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prophet:
Perhaps the most telling statistic of all is: Ohio State University has never -- that's never, that's not a single time, that's not ever -- defeated a Southeastern Conference team in a bowl game. Now 0-9 as I recall.

OSU is 0-9...but Michigan is like 25-8 or something equally lopsided.

--------------------

Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 01-08-2008 04:57 PM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Bayer,

Thanks for the link to the article. I must say that that is the most demeaning statement I have ever seen by a conference commissioner.

Tsk. If you can't beat 'em, impugn their intelligence. Way to go, Big 10!

[Roll Eyes]

Wow. That the most remarkable hatchet jobs I have ever seen from high ranking commissioner.

He does realize that he is talking about the conference whose last champion's star player was Maurice Clarett, right?

That is pretty outrageous and makes him look really petty.

--------------------

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 01-08-2008 05:27 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anybody remember which key UK players were out of the UK/LSU game. I thought UK had some injured players in that game.
Posts: 1498 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zdrummer
Player
Member # 2762

posted 01-08-2008 08:48 PM      Profile for Zdrummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blue hoot:
Does anybody remember which key UK players were out of the UK/LSU game. I thought UK had some injured players in that game.

PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES - OCT. 8
Head Coach Rich Brooks on LSU game

"Injuries for this week, I have two players that I would list as questionable for this upcoming game(vs LSU) -- Johnny Williams with his foot and Rafael Little with his thigh....Alfonso ran a little bit yesterday, he’s not 100 percent. I’d say it’s questionable whether or not he can rejoin us this week."

source

--------------------
A bend in the road is not the end of the road...unless you fail to make the turn.

Posts: 115 | From: Lexington, Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com