TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Regain Control of Postseason

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Regain Control of Postseason
Zdrummer
Player
Member # 2762

posted 01-08-2008 12:27 PM      Profile for Zdrummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As a result of this crazy football season the idea of a playoff system is beginning to sound like a good idea...even to those with a major voice (i.e. presidents, coaches, directors). So what does everyone else think???

Just to add fuel to the fire...heres the latest espn article. Schools need to regain control of postseason

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 10 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
A bend in the road is not the end of the road...unless you fail to make the turn.

Posts: 115 | From: Lexington, Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 01-08-2008 02:19 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I voted for 8-16 team playoff but actually prefer a 12-team with top 4 seeded teams receiving byes with reseeding after each round.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 01-08-2008 02:30 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would prefer a playoff system like the NFL has. But anything other than the BCS is an improvement.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zdrummer
Player
Member # 2762

posted 01-08-2008 02:43 PM      Profile for Zdrummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon:
[QB]I would prefer a playoff system like the NFL has.QB]

How do you mean?...

NFL - The two surviving teams from the Divisional Playoff games meet in Conference Championship games, with the winners of those contests going on to face one another in the Super Bowl.

NCAA - Each Conference would be comparable to an NFL Division??...Are there any wildcards? [Smile]

--------------------
A bend in the road is not the end of the road...unless you fail to make the turn.

Posts: 115 | From: Lexington, Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
G N' R CAT
Player
Member # 2846

posted 01-08-2008 02:44 PM      Profile for G N' R CAT        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only reason I do like the bowl system is because if we were to have a 8-16 team playoff we may not be in it alot and that would be bad for recruting so I voted BCS system

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com