TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » I was there when

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I was there when
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-25-2008 08:32 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
we got our butts handed to us by FL. We never looked like we came to play. The 1st blocked kick - OK lets get back in it - the second blocked kick - OK get one back and we are only 7 back. The blocked field goal - OK we are toast. Had no answers to FL - looked like they could beat anyone in the country today.

To top it off - UK fans had to sit to the left of the FL students who stood on their seats the entire game so we couldnt even see the game.

O Well at least at the end of the game my wife and I had two separate fl husband and wife cpls come up to us and shook our hands and told us that we were the most gracious fans in the sec. One couple said the LSU fans did a cheer while Fa fans were trying to sing their almamater(sic) song and UK fans had the courtesy to even remain standing while they sing.

We did have a good time talking to the coaches wifes and other school officials so that was the nice part of our trip to G-ville.

We couldn't tell how many injuries we had and who did and did not play but know we were really banged up... [Frown]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-25-2008 08:43 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ED, It sounded like the noise never stopped on TV, was it that loud the whole game?

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-25-2008 09:33 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes - and of we didnt do a thing on the field to shut them up! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Max Beasley
Player
Member # 1320

posted 10-26-2008 08:14 AM      Profile for Max Beasley     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We tried a new tactic to shut them up....make them horse from over use of their vocal chords early so they can't be as loud in the 4th quarter. Almost worked too!
Posts: 3089 | From: somerset, kentucky | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 10-26-2008 11:07 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speed kills. We will never fully compete until our team speed is able to be competitive.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-26-2008 11:54 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bayer that was so evident watching it in person. Their defense was all over our players all the time and we let Tebow stay in the pocket for as long as he wanted. The two blocked punts came from true freshmen - guess they just happened to be standing around and coach put them in.
That to me shows how much further Fl is ahead of us in the recruiting game..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-26-2008 04:26 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
p.s. I forgot to say that regardless of the score it was a thrill for us to be able to see and cheer them in person. Love the Cats!! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 10-26-2008 04:54 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad you were able to go and have fun, but I hope the next time you are able to go we are a bit more competitive.

By the way, I don't anyone who read my post aboe to think I am in anyway complaining about the Coaches. I am not. I think they are doing the very best they can do at UK. It's just a tough place to try to recruit top level football talent. Maybe one day we will, but right now it's tough.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
jsence2
Player
Member # 2477

posted 10-26-2008 06:36 PM      Profile for jsence2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ukcatfannfl:
Bayer that was so evident watching it in person. Their defense was all over our players all the time and we let Tebow stay in the pocket for as long as he wanted. The two blocked punts came from true freshmen - guess they just happened to be standing around and coach put them in.
That to me shows how much further Fl is ahead of us in the recruiting game..

If you're on the Florida punt team, you weren't just standing around. You busted your ASS to get on that special team.

Trust me....EVERYONE ON THE TEAM want to be on Urban Meyer's punt return/block team. You won't see many big guys on there, just pure speed. The guys that got in there had more speed than most of the guys on our team.

--------------------
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."--President Teddy Roosevelt

"Stupidity is one of the great ruling forces of the human race." --Dr. Mark Summers, University of Kentucky

Posts: 2340 | From: Louisville, KY (also known as Purgatory) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
jsence2
Player
Member # 2477

posted 10-26-2008 06:38 PM      Profile for jsence2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In fact, Demps blocked the second punt.

Demps was highlighted in the NY Times on Thursday as maybe being the FASTEST PLAYER to ever play college football--with a 10.01 100 m dash.

--------------------
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."--President Teddy Roosevelt

"Stupidity is one of the great ruling forces of the human race." --Dr. Mark Summers, University of Kentucky

Posts: 2340 | From: Louisville, KY (also known as Purgatory) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-26-2008 07:08 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While driving north on I-75 yesterday I only saw one vehicle heading to teh game at the Gainesville exit, who had UK flags on their vehicle.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-26-2008 09:11 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There was a whole section of UK fans - probably 500-600 total in the one area.

Jsence - I was referring more to them being "freshmen" than anything. Of course special teams players (at fl especially) are fast.

However, the florida special teams coach put a new wringle in it as genereally Fl sets up for a return.. He changed it around with the extra week off to play for the block more than the return.! That was on the radio after the game and in some papers in this area. The extra week fl had just killed us as they had everything in place that they wanted to do and do so they did! [Frown]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com