TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » One of you guys who really understands the rules....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One of you guys who really understands the rules....
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-28-2008 04:07 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've had a burning question about a college football rule for a long time and I'd LOVE someone to come up with the answer for me.

The holder for the place kicker catcher the ball and instead of putting the ball down flips teh ball back over his head, how is this legal?

HE HAS HIS KNEE ON THE GROUND!!

Wouldn't tha holder be down because his knee is on the ground or does his postion allow him to be the only legal player on teh team to have a knee down and not be considered down?

I just saw a replay of the attempt by Nebraska go awry and Colorado score a TD off of it!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
jsence2
Player
Member # 2477

posted 11-29-2008 08:08 PM      Profile for jsence2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because his knee is on the ground when the play starts. The play is legal because his knee does not come off the ground and then retouch the ground. As long as the knee of the holder is down when he takes the snap, then it is legal for him to flip it, or get up and throw it, or what have you.

--------------------
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."--President Teddy Roosevelt

"Stupidity is one of the great ruling forces of the human race." --Dr. Mark Summers, University of Kentucky

Posts: 2340 | From: Louisville, KY (also known as Purgatory) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-29-2008 09:12 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you!! I was never really sure about that one!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com