TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Fiesta Bowl

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fiesta Bowl
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-05-2009 08:23 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man this game is a real defensive battle. This game has had 3 field goals in it with 5:39 left in teh first half!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-06-2009 07:53 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This was a great game, but I have not been impressed with the Big-12 in the Bowls. They are 4-2 in bowl games with 3 of their wins coming against a very overrated Big-10 and 1 win against the ACC. Against the best two conferences, the SEC and Pac-10, they are 0-2 and the games were not even close. I'll be surprised if Florida doesn't manhandle Oklahoma.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
ohiocat
Player
Member # 2560

posted 01-06-2009 09:39 AM      Profile for ohiocat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
This was a great game, but I have not been impressed with the Big-12 in the Bowls. They are 4-2 in bowl games with 3 of their wins coming against a very overrated Big-10 and 1 win against the ACC. Against the best two conferences, the SEC and Pac-10, they are 0-2 and the games were not even close. I'll be surprised if Florida doesn't manhandle Oklahoma.

Overrated Big Ten? Since when in the last 2 years has the Big Ten been overrated in national perception?Before the last 2 years I agree.They rightfully get dumped on as their pitiful performances in big national games warrant it.The Big 12 plays no defense and Florida should kill Oklahoma.By the way,why dosen't the national press dump more on Oklahoma?They were killed by USC a few years ago in the National title game,beaten by Boise State a couple of years ago and manhandled by West Virginia last year.IMO USC matches up with ANY SEC team year in and year out.
Posts: 168 | From: Hilliard Ohio | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-07-2009 04:54 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
IMO USC matches up with ANY SEC team year in and year out.
I agree. But let them go to Baron Rouge, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Gainesville, Knoxville, Auburn, etc. week in and week out, year in and year out, and see how they match up.

[ 01-07-2009, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
ohiocat
Player
Member # 2560

posted 01-07-2009 10:09 AM      Profile for ohiocat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
quote:
IMO USC matches up with ANY SEC team year in and year out.
I agree. But let them go to Baron Rouge, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Gainesville, Knoxville, Auburn, etc. week in and week out, year in and year out, and see how they match up.
The SEC is the best football conference in America but it isn't the be all and end all.I truly believe USC would do just as good in that conference as Florida,LSU,Georgia,etc etc.
Posts: 168 | From: Hilliard Ohio | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com