TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Tebow back for another season..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tebow back for another season..
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-12-2009 09:23 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This will not make a lot of SEC fans happy..

Tim Tebow started to walk off stage, then called an audible. The Florida quarterback turned around, grabbed the microphone and told teammates, coaches and fans exactly what they wanted to hear.

“Oh, by the way, let’s do it again. I’m coming back,” Tebow said.

Tebow thrilled more than 40,000 at the school’s national championship celebration Sunday by announcing plans to return for his senior season, with hopes of leading the Gators to their first undefeated season and fourth national title.

“Overall, I just felt loyal to this place,” Tebow said. “I feel like I’m a role model, and a lot of times people start things and don’t finish them. I didn’t want to be like that. I wanted to be loyal to the university. I wanted to finish what I started and play another year.”

Tebow threw 32 touchdown passes in 2007, ran for 23 more scores and became the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy. He did less this season, but accomplished more by leading Florida to its second national title in three years.

Tebow completed 64 percent of his passes for 2,746 yards with 30 touchdowns and four interceptions. He also led the team in rushing for the second straight year, gaining 673 yards and scoring 12 touchdowns.

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound left-hander was 18-of-30 passing for 231 yards, with two and two interceptions in Thursday night’s 24-14 victory against Oklahoma in the Bowl Championship Series title game. He also ran for 109 yards, most of it in the second half.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-12-2009 10:38 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm more concerned wether Harvin is coming back or not.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 01-12-2009 02:20 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am tickled to death. I love watching Tebow and he is a great role model to my son and all other young athletes.
He is great for the SEC and great for college football in general.
Plus, I would love to see Fla win the title again which would give the SEC 4 in a row.

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-12-2009 03:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uncSUCKS, I'm with you it's refreshing to see someone who helps others and isn't afraid to be called a Christian becoming one of the best college athletes to come along in many, many years even if plays for another team. Maybe he can make a differance in a lot of lives all over the world.

Your children couldn't find a better roll model and the same goes for my grandchildren.

The joke in Gainesville, home of the Florida Gators, is that Superman wears Tim Tebow pyjamas. That's not just a reference to the fact that Tebow, big and muscular enough to be a running back, has the quickness, throwing ability and smarts to play quarterback in the NFL. It's a reference to the fact that he seems to have no flaws. A good student, Tebow spends his free time volunteering with the poor, preaching in prisons and working with his parents' missionary programs in the Philippines.

Those familiar with the university scene have noticed a new creature on campus in this generation -- the culturally conservative, clean-living, academically successful, well-rounded, socially savvy, religiously observant student. He has not displaced his debauched classmates as the new big man on campus, but he is a leader and accepted part of the campus scene -- a definite change in the 20 years since I started university. The clean-living Christian is the true rebel on campus, there being nothing else to rebel against, save for licentious living.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Max Beasley
Player
Member # 1320

posted 01-12-2009 04:34 PM      Profile for Max Beasley     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
....and as a sidenote: The Gators are going to be real good again next year. I like the 4 year guys, even from the enemy camp....and when they exude good character, like Tebow, then it's all good. The kid's a winner plain and simple.
Posts: 3089 | From: somerset, kentucky | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 01-14-2009 09:40 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been critical of Tebow in the past as I thought he wasn't a good quarterback. I still don't know if he's a good QB but one thing he is without question is an outstanding athlete and human being. If Tebow never played another down of football he would still be a tremendous person and one of the greatest college players ever.

I have to admit that I didn't like Tebow at first, but that wasn't so much because of him as it was that he played for Florida. Had he played for any other school not named Florida or Tennessee or Louisville, I probably wouldn't have felt so disparaging toward him.

But, what can I say? Tim Tebow has run the gauntlet and come through with flying colors. 2 National Championships to his credit and will probably be the favorite to win it all again next season. He is a once-in-a-lifetime player. I admire him for wanting to come back to school and take a crack at a third national title, but I'm wondering if he is making the best decision for himself and his future as an NFL player.

In any case, I now wish him the best and I must take back all the negative things i have said about him in the past. He's as good as advertised. He's a remarkable football player and a remarkable young man.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 01-14-2009 07:24 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From a purely UK fan, selfish standpoint, I am disappointed he is coming back. From a college football fan standpoint, I am thrilled. I think Tim Tebow is great for college football. College football needs him more than he needs college football.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 01-15-2009 10:29 AM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Florida wants to reward him, they should install some pro set formations for next year or at least some formation where he is taking snaps under center. No one in the NFL wants a QB who only runs from the shotgun. Proving that taking snaps isn't a problem would really help boost his pro prospects at QB, IMO. It wouldn't take a fundamental shift, IMO. Just showing that he can run those sets periodically throughout the season as a change of pace from the spread/shotgun offense.

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
DT519M
Player
Member # 1068

posted 01-15-2009 10:47 AM      Profile for DT519M     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Guess the announceres will get another year to lose their minds over him for 3-4 hours each saturday. Makes me ill ,hes good and all but he gets the Tiger treatment,they talk about him even when he's not playing.This dis-respects the ones who are. [Mad]
Posts: 525 | From: GEORGETOWN,KY | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com