TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » It's official: Lindley returning

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's official: Lindley returning
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-14-2009 02:10 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link

I am happy that he is returning, but suprised that he didn't go pro. UK's defense should be solid next season.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-14-2009 03:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The interior line, Line backers and Defensive backs have all been shored up now that these three are coming back next year!!

This is great news!!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124048 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Max Beasley
Player
Member # 1320

posted 01-14-2009 05:11 PM      Profile for Max Beasley     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow....Its been great being a catfan the last 24.
Posts: 3089 | From: somerset, kentucky | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 01-14-2009 07:18 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now let's hope we significantly upgrade the offense during the off-season. I hope the QBs and receivers spend as much off-season time as they possibly can working on running pass routes and catching the ball. They have to get to where it just comes naturally in a game.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cat_fan63
Player
Member # 2874

posted 01-14-2009 07:49 PM      Profile for Cat_fan63   Email Cat_fan63   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Im with you boom, im surprised he didnt go, out of the three, but sure glad to see him return, he is a special player, and will make our defense much stronger.
Posts: 266 | From: Richmond | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 01-14-2009 11:34 PM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Totally Unexpected and GREAT NEWS!, almost noone gave him a shot to return. He IS an ALL-AMERICAN DB!
Our Defense now has a chance to be equally as good as in 2008, now, lets stay HEALTHY!

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 01-15-2009 08:46 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was surprised as well, but I'm happy he's returning. I would have projected him as a third-round pick this year. If he has another stellar year at UK, he could move up to first round draft pick. I can think of at least a dozen NFL teams that could use his services right now. He stands to be in very favorable conditions for his future after next season.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue4real
Player
Member # 650

posted 01-15-2009 09:41 AM      Profile for blue4real   Email blue4real   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm happily surprised as well. I think he's a great player and definitely has a pro career ahead of him. I think it says a lot about the direction our program is heading and how much the players respect the coaching staff.
Posts: 229 | From: Paducah,KY,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-15-2009 03:00 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With Lindley, Jarmon, and Johnson all returning, we should have a good-to-excellent defense.

A healthy Locke, plus older-and-wiser receivers (including the oh-so-crafty Cobb), and Hartline being pushed by Newton and possibly Mossakowski (depending on his recovery from surgery) makes it look hopeful for an offensive renaissance next year as well.

A strong defense, coupled with an offense that might be significantly improved gives me the warm fuzzies about 2009!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13657 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 01-15-2009 06:07 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of the three I thought Lindley would go mostly because he is already 23 years old so that will make him going on 25 after one more season. Happy he is returning though! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com