TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Football Poll: Starting Quarterback!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Football Poll: Starting Quarterback!
Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 08-06-2009 08:05 AM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who do you want to see start at quarterback to begin the season?, and why?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 10 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-06-2009 08:12 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hartline. He really did a decent job, given the surprisingly disappointing O-line performance last year, and the little fact that he didn't have much in the way of open receivers to throw to. I expect him to be a solid QB this year, pushed to the max in practice by both Newton and Mossakowski.

As the year progresses, I think we will see both Cobb and Newton get some snaps (Cobb in 'special circumstances', and Newton will get the occasional series to keep him 'hot'). Moss might also get in there, if his recovery from surgery is going as well as some have reported. He looks to be a true NFL-style drop-back passer. The competition for the QB spot will be most interesting...

As to variations on the theme, I would certainly be interested in seeing the occasional option backfield of Newton as QB, Cobb at one back, and Locke at the other. Talk about a triple-threat backfield!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13665 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 08-06-2009 08:41 AM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tipree, Great post.

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-06-2009 09:47 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want whoever the coachs do. They know on a daily basis what player will be the best at any given time. We as fans have no idea what is best and should stick to cheering for the players on the field.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Blue Hillbilly
Player
Member # 193

posted 08-06-2009 07:06 PM      Profile for Blue Hillbilly     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I voted for Hartline because he has the experience of playing in the SEC. I totally agree with TT, he will be much improved this season but I would expect to see some "Wildcat" sets with Cobb and Co. I'm really looking forward to this upcoming season because the Cats have a chance to go to another bowl game.
Posts: 2696 | From: Big Rock, Virginia | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 08-06-2009 07:34 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm with CMD on this one. Whoever shines the best in 2-a-days!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124144 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-07-2009 09:20 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I expect that experience will win out. I am hoping that one of the young guns will shine, though. I want a QB that can rifle the ball down the field.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zdrummer
Player
Member # 2762

posted 08-07-2009 04:04 PM      Profile for Zdrummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Hillbilly:
...but I would expect to see some "Wildcat" sets with Cobb and Co.

Randall Cobb

How has your role changed since becoming wide receiver?

"My role is more defined this year than it was last. Last year, I had to learn two positions and go to two-a-days knowing everything. This year, I only have to know one position and it will help me a lot. Leaving the quarterback position was fine with me."

Sorry, He (cobb) was moved to receiver in the spring..did you not get that memo? [Wink]

Link

[ 08-07-2009, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Zdrummer ]

--------------------
A bend in the road is not the end of the road...unless you fail to make the turn.

Posts: 115 | From: Lexington, Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com