TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » 3 headed monster?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 headed monster?
ukkid10
Player
Member # 2298

posted 10-17-2009 11:31 PM      Profile for ukkid10     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We had 3 TDs on Saturday, all by different quarterbacks and all rushing. Craziness!

But since Fidler, Newton, and Cobb all saw significant minutes, can we continue to do that? It seems crazy to have 2 quarterbacks, much less 3!

--------------------
"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better." - unknown

Posts: 178 | From: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-18-2009 07:01 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Newton and Fiddler were both impressive. And, just when I was thinking that UK wasn't utilizing Mr. Cobb enough, he rips off a huge run. The O line was outstanding.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-18-2009 08:35 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You very seldom see any team play two quarterbacks but 3 is almost unheard of. It worked out so well for us that we probably will see it again and wouldn't mind it a bit as all 3 quarterbacks add a different look. It sure seemed to keep Auburn, a top 25 team off stride. We all have to admit that it was the best offensive outing against a legitiment talented team in a long time.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-18-2009 10:30 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THink coach will settle in with one QB or tandem for the next couple of game?

I say he continues using both Newton and Fidler and only uses the WIldcat formation when we are in a close game or we've been struggling ot move the football!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124045 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-18-2009 12:41 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its going to be real hard not use Cobb at QB in the "SEC games" when he went for over 100yds on the ground against Auburn. I just don't think we can afford not to use him there when he is so productive.

[ 10-18-2009, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-18-2009 02:28 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree he's needed back there. But the other two could stand as many snaps as they can get in these non-conference games!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124045 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukkid10
Player
Member # 2298

posted 10-18-2009 09:06 PM      Profile for ukkid10     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like all of your comments
Yes he definitely needs to get snaps again SEC opponents but he shouldnt take all of them. These non-conference games against EKU Louisiana-Monroe we should probably let Newton and Fidler take almost all of the snaps to see which one is performing better so we have a true starter when we get back to SEC, but yet still mix in Cobb. Agree?

--------------------
"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better." - unknown

Posts: 178 | From: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-18-2009 10:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sure do kid 10.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com