TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Morgan Newton

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Morgan Newton
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 12-28-2009 12:13 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is probably not fair for me to say this to a true freshman. But I thought Morgan Newton was terrible in the Vols game and the bowl game last night. It's so bad that he can't even complete simple 7 & 8 yard passes. He throws high, throws low, throws way left, way right, I mean nothing he does good except the kid can really run the ball. I really don't think its fair to start him in a bowl game but there aren't many other choices. I do think he will blossom in his junior & senior years. I still think we could easily beat Clemson with Hartline if he wasn't hurt.
What are your thoughts?

Posts: 1498 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
prophet
Player
Member # 2089

posted 12-28-2009 04:36 PM      Profile for prophet   Email prophet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Accuracy is usually the last attribute to emerge with QB's — even at the NFL level. I would much rather have Newton's arm strength and youthful inaccuracy and lack of touch rather than Hartline's Division II arm and only middling better accuracy. The running ability only increases Newton's value. Plus remember that Mossakowski's arm, injury notwithstanding, was considered superior to both.

--------------------
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7875 | From: Boquete, Panama | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 12-28-2009 07:39 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Accuracy is usually the last attribute to emerge with QB's
See: Andre Woodson

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 12-28-2009 08:01 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, Newton got thrown into the fire with no preparation time. If he would have had a full season and a full spring running the first team, things might have been different. Maybe not. All I know is that there is going to be a 3-way battle for the top spot in the spring. It should only make the team better.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 12-29-2009 01:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is no doubt he is only going to get better and wouldn't be surprised at all to start for the next 3 years..

[ 12-29-2009, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 12-29-2009 02:51 PM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blue hoot:
This is probably not fair for me to say this to a true freshman.

Your first statement was the truest. It isn't fair. I think that he has a good start with the wins that he has had and he was far better than any alternative.

I think he will improve. Hartline seemed to degrade.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com