TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Guru time..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guru time..
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-04-2010 11:37 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What did you like about Brooks the most? here is what i liked about him.

1. He let his coachs coach.
2. He treated his players like men.
3. He truly enjoyed what he was doing and did it well.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-04-2010 12:36 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All of the above. Plus I liked his fiery attitude. If a player or ref did something he didn't like, boy he let you know about it. I'm a Bengals fan and I'm so sick and tired of watching Marvin Lewis clap on the sidelines after his team gets their third false-start penalty in a row. It sickens me. Brooks would have none of that. He would tear a knot in somebody's back side.
Posts: 10359 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 01-04-2010 12:59 PM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liked all those things about him as well. In addition to treating his players like men he expected them to behave like men as well. He wouldn't put up with the BS that other players at other schools got themselves into so often. His players and coaches were either an upstanding member of the program and the university or they weren't on the team.

I liked his no-nonsense attitude.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 01-04-2010 01:11 PM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liked that he didn't give a damn about the other high-powered coaches in the SEC or their attitudes.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 01-04-2010 05:57 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liked the fact he made a commitment to go get the highest quality athletes and the followed up on that commitment. While not always being successful, that did not stop him from trying the next year. Rather than step down a notch and try to coach them up, he always sought the best.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
BIGKATDADDY
Recruit
Member # 3095

posted 01-04-2010 11:30 PM      Profile for BIGKATDADDY     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like the fact that he is Leaving. I just wish we had a coach besides The Choker.
Posts: 18 | From: KY | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-05-2010 08:31 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Papa Brooks was a rare bird -- he exuded that 'command aura' that demanded respect. He was stern, principled, and demanding, but he still managed to have good relations with his players.

We will miss him, mark my words...

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13672 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 01-05-2010 08:44 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he will be missed as well. It's time for Joker to put on the big shoes and see how he performs without a net. Next season should be an interesting season for UK.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com