TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Joker era begins!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Joker era begins!
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-04-2010 07:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How many years do you think he will get on his contract? I say 4 guaranteed with a option on the the 5th year...Looking forward to some more good years...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 01-04-2010 08:05 PM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Joker is the only African American Head Coach presently in the SEC. I HOPE he can draw the great black athletes to Kentucky throughout the South, but he'll have stiff competition from his rival SEC coaches. Recruiting is the name of the game, I want to see how he does getting the great players in state. Going heads up against UL's new coach in Jefferson County is a first good test.

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-04-2010 08:16 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Joker has been our main recruiter for the past few years and has made good inroads into Georgia and always has got most of the better players from Kentucky. Hopefully it will only get better now that he is the head coach as that will help his case when talking to these young recruits...

--------------------

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 01-05-2010 05:08 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am hopeful Coach Phillips will attract a top flight Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, Special Teams Coach, Recruiter and make a commitment to challenge Florida, Georgia and Tennessee for the top spot in the East year in and year out. Coach Phillips knows how much UK football means to the fans of Kentucky having seen it as a young HS player, as a UK player, as an NFL player, as an oppposing coach and as an Assistant Coach at UK. He knows that if he can produce, he has the undying support of a deep and loyal fan base. I hope he makes the very best of this opportunity for the University, its players, fans and himself.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-05-2010 08:29 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bayer, are you proposing that Joker 'clean house' and hire all new assistants?

I think our staff is superb as it is -- about the only change would be to move Sanders to Offensive Coordinator, and maybe hire a new QB coach. Ortemeyer is an outstanding Special Teams coach, our offensive line coach clearly does a great job, and our defense has played up to our potential (just wish we had a bit more of that potential -- as in 4-star players!).

The only other change might be to 'demote' Brown back to only coaching the defensive backs, then hire a kick-ass DC in his place. But, quite honestly, I don't think the staff is our limiting factor, not by a long shot. It is the talent on the field. If Joker is serious about competing in the SEC, success lies in amping up recruiting.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13672 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-05-2010 10:08 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree Tip, he will need a offensive coordinator now that he is the head coach. If he feels some other area needs to be addressed i'm sure he will take care of it. He is now the main man and has all the responsibilities. Wish him good luck as he is going to need it in the tough SEC, a conferance that we have not had a winning season in quite a few years.

--------------------

Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 01-05-2010 10:42 AM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone who knows anything about college football knows the SEc is the closest thing to playing in the NFL. It is almost like a Tripple A for the NFL. Yes, recruiting is the major key to elevating the program to higher goals. We need lots and lots of four stars, with three stars being the absolute minimum. Joker is now under the microscope as it is all on his shoulders as of today. I wish him the BEST...GO CATS! GO BIG BLUE! GO COACH PHILLIPS!

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com