TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Lane Kiffin Takes USC Job!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lane Kiffin Takes USC Job!
Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 01-12-2010 07:42 PM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Goodbye Tennessee!

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-12-2010 10:13 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's getting out while teh getting is good.

I think he's jumping out of the frying pan into the fire!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-12-2010 10:34 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
He's getting out while teh getting is good.

I think he's jumping out of the frying pan into the fire!

I think it was a pretty simple decision.

His choices were go to USC and have a shot at a National Championship on a yearly basis because USC is the only Top Dog in the West or stay at UT and the best conference in the land and have to compete with Florida/Georiga/Alabama/LSU and maybe get one National Championship shot per decade.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 01-13-2010 04:25 AM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I totally agree. Great move for Kiffin, bad deal for UT.

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 01-13-2010 08:05 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It could also set him up for a step into the NFL better.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 01-13-2010 08:20 AM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think if I were a UT fan I would be angry, but I am not so I dont care. He IMO is a loud mouth who lives off his dads reputation alone, I guarantee you IMO that if he didn't bring dad along he wouldn"t be the coach of USC, and I am not sure if it is a brilliant move USC might get probabtion and he is going to have to live with sanctions and recruiting being watched and he was already stirring up a little trouble himself in his brief stint at UT, I dont like what he did to UT and I think it was kinda hasty...

--------------------
Is a poster of Wall on my Wall, a oxymoron?

Posts: 2421 | From: Tampa Fl | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-13-2010 09:58 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlueCollarMan:
It could also set him up for a step into the NFL better.

Fred

I'm not sure he wants to be back in the NFL after his head coaching job with the Raiders.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 01-13-2010 11:35 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think even for UT it is a good deal. He would have become like Coach Pitino. Every year someone would be linking his name to another job. This was, they get rid of him, get them a new Coach and probably someone they will be able to keep for years and years.

Now, UT fans won't buy that now, but over the long haul they will come to understand.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 01-13-2010 12:42 PM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read that Kiffin's cohorts at UT were actually calling UT committed recruits on UT cell phones while Kiffin was meeting with the players and that this included students already enrolled at UT. Wow! I dont' think any coach has ever so thoroughly burned his bridges as Kiffin and his assistants are doing. [Eek!]

I will miss being able to root against this guy in the SEC.

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
catlogic15
Player
Member # 1227

posted 01-13-2010 01:28 PM      Profile for catlogic15     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I don't understand is why everyone thinks he's any program's savior. He clearly could not coach in the pro's and had mediocre results at UT. Remember Al Davis called him a "liar". How prophetic. They were blown out in their bowl game. I don't understand.

His wife is pretty hot, though.

Posts: 921 | From: Louisville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com