TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Tebow is struggling..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tebow is struggling..
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-26-2010 03:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I said it earlier in teh year I just didn't think Tebow was the Pro style QB that some were making him out to be. I guess I was right!!
http://home.verizon.yahoo.com/_ylt=AhZbBbSFMNhck2FaQ94luP0GIn0V;_ylu=X3oDMTI2NWdpczgzBGNwb3MDMQRpbnRsA3VzBHBrZwNpZC0xOTQxNgRwa2d2AzEzBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN2ZXJpem9udGQtZmVhdARzbGsDdGl0bGU -/SIG=144iv1rk1/**http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Tim-Tebow-meets-his-worst-career-fears-in-Senior%3Furn=ncaaf,215726

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 124043 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 01-26-2010 04:19 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you read the article? It said he had trouble taking the snap from under center first time he had ever done it, and his mechanincs, same exact thing Brandon bought up on the tebow thread I created what is also said was that he was worthy of a first round pick from Tony Dungy... He has things to work on but it was a positive article not one bashing tebow!

--------------------
Is a poster of Wall on my Wall, a oxymoron?

Posts: 2421 | From: Tampa Fl | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-26-2010 06:43 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's got to be completely retrained.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 01-26-2010 07:01 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
retrained from a throwing and taking a snap aspect yes. from being a leader, tough. and an all around winner and football player he needs no retraining. He could go and work as a 3.down gadget and wildcat guy like Vick did this year while working to be an NFL QB. I will be shocked if he doesnt go in the first riound. even more shocked if he doesnt make it as a NFL QB. But hey I though Tiger was up there with te Pope so nothing would suprise me.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2010 07:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tebow has been a fascenating player to watch these past years and even though he plays on a rival team fans are still interested in his progress. That is neat to see although it would also would be great to see our seniors do well and get some attention too.

Micah, Lindley, Smith, Duncan, Jeffries, Maxwell and a couple other possibly have a chance of being drafted..Wish them all well as they have played hard for us and deserve to be noticed too.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-26-2010 07:15 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As far as Tebow goes since he is from the SEC it will be good to see him and many other SEC players drafted. The more the better.

--------------------

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-26-2010 11:02 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He'll have to change his footwork, his release, being able to work with his back to the line? Just a few to mention!

I don't think his run game will be as effective at teh next level as it was in College!

If he brings that ball down Low with a DE like Sweeny coming up behind him and he'll lose it a bunch!

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2010 12:09 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tebow is a very intelligent player and with good coaching he will make the adjustments and even if he doesn't they will find a place for him to play..

--------------------

Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 01-27-2010 08:41 AM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am very skeptical of Tebow's ability to transition to a role as an NFL QB. Between his mechanics and limited experience reading through progressions on offense (i.e., not look at 1, look at 2, tuck and run), he has a lot of ground to make up in just basic fundamentals and there is a lot of uncertainty whether he can be a passing QB. I wouldn't take the gamble on him but someone will for sure. He certainly is doing everything right off the field and has shown leadership and work ethic in college. I just don't know that this amounts to much value as an NFL draft pick if he doesn't make the conversion to a pro style offense.

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-27-2010 09:49 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but he is lovable. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36279 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 01-27-2010 10:57 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He certainly is in Jacksonville. Tebow will be a project QB for some team (Jacksonville most likely) and will take a couple of seasons to develop into an NFL ready QB. Now, he certainly has all the necessary tools to make it happen for himself, but he needs refinement and coaching. Tim seems to take well to instruction so he may turn out to be a very good NFL QB. However, playing at Florida both helped him and hurt him in his NFL aspirations. Now, if a team wanted to adapt their offense to play to Tebow's current strengths, then that is their option to do so. But, good luck having success running the Florida style offense in the NFL with utilizing Tebow the way Florida did.

If I were a GM or Head coach, I might be interested in Tebow. However, I wouldn't be using my first round pick on him.

--------------------
Safety and peace be with you always.

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 01-27-2010 02:54 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well thought out as always Brandon, if you were the Jaguars would you not take him?? I am going to get away from the going to be the next Steve Young aspect of it all because I realize he is not Steve Young but go with the buisness aspect. You are the Jaackosnville Jaguars you dont sell out NFL games which is unheard of, why not??? I dont put much stock in NFL mock drafts but I do take stock in rumors becuase where there is smoke there is fire. and Three NFL coaches told the guy on ESPN if Tebow is available we are taking him, I doubt that has changed... Did he not have an amazing game against cincy?

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2010 08:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your right TK Jacksonville wants him bad. Tebow is a legend around here and they will fill the stands if they get him and he plays..

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2010 08:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He truly is a great kid and has been a idol of all the kids in this part of the State..

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-27-2010 08:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jacksonville could really use him too and he will be given a legitiment chance to play..

[ 02-04-2010, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 01-28-2010 07:17 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I understand why Jacksonville will probably take him with their first pick. They need butts in seats and Tim would be a great draw for Jacksonville, even if turned out to be another Tim Couch in the NFL.

But, there is a difference between taking a player for PR reasons and taking a player for strategic football reasons. If I was in the market for a QB, Tim wouldn't be my first choice, which is to say, he wouldn't be my first round choice, especially if I had a shot at a guy like Bradford or McCoy.

But that's just how I would choose to play it. In the end, a coach or GM has to make the choices that best help the team win games. Since it's impossible to know how a player will turn out at this level until he gets on the field and starts playing, you have to go with what your research tells you what you should do. If I am going to spend millions of dollars on a player, I want to get the best player I can at the position I need.

Like I said, though, I get why Jacksonville wants Tebow and I understand why they will probably select him in the first round. But, they want him not because he's the best QB they can get but because he will draw more fans to the games. They are drafting a marketing tool in QB form with Tebow.

Maybe it works out for both parties involved. I certainly hope Tim makes it in the NFL. He's a fine young man and he deserves his chance to prove he can be an NFL QB.

--------------------

Posts: 6632 | From: Earth...Thanks for visiting. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-30-2010 09:30 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After the performance today I would say he is a 3rd or 4th round pick at best.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-30-2010 09:53 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, did Tim have 2 fumbles today? What's going on with him?

--------------------

Brandon
Player
Member # 108

posted 02-01-2010 11:54 AM      Profile for Brandon   Email Brandon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's no longer the big fish in the pond. Now he has to compete with the fish in the ocean. And there are some pretty big fish in the ocean...

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-04-2010 03:48 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's another article on Tebow

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Tebow-to-Jags-talk-isn-t-sitting-well-with-at-le?urn=ncaaf,217616

--------------------

Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 02-04-2010 05:44 PM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I guarantee thousands of Georgia fans would be willing to make the drive down to the site of so many Cocktail Party aggravations for the sole purpose of watching their former tormenter operate behind a line that might not feel much like blocking for him.
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com