TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Tebow Breaks all time vertical record at combine

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tebow Breaks all time vertical record at combine
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 02-28-2010 11:29 AM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tebow vertical lept 38 and half inches today, breaking the all time vertical record at the NFL combine for a QB, just to give you an idea, Michael Vicks vertical was 38 inches.... But he isn't very athletic!!!

--------------------
Is a poster of Wall on my Wall, a oxymoron?

Posts: 2421 | From: Tampa Fl | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-28-2010 11:51 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I saw that subject line, how did I know it would be you posting it? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36279 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 03-01-2010 09:08 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
R u sure he wasn't bouncing off a trampoline?
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-01-2010 09:11 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That should help him make the transition to TE or H-Back.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 03-01-2010 09:23 AM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He ran a 4.7 flat so he was the 4th fastest in the 40 out of 16, he had the highest vertical of all QB, he had the second furthest long jump of all QB, was first in the cone run for QB and would have won the bench if he did it.... I think he already suprised people!!!! IMO he will play QB.....

--------------------

Atlanta Cat Fan
Administrator
Member # 1746

posted 03-01-2010 10:30 AM      Profile for Atlanta Cat Fan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
That should help him make the transition to TE

This is my view. Hopefully for him, he shows better fundamentals throwing the ball at his March workout than he did for his last round with the scouts but I wouldn't trust him as a QB.

--------------------

Posts: 9407 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-01-2010 01:06 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TampaKat:
He ran a 4.7 flat so he was the 4th fastest in the 40 out of 16, he had the highest vertical of all QB, he had the second furthest long jump of all QB, was first in the cone run for QB and would have won the bench if he did it.... I think he already suprised people!!!! IMO he will play QB.....

TK,

I think he kid is a tremendous athlete, but being an athlete doesn't make you a QB. I'm dure that Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, etc couldn't hold a candle to Tebow in any of those drills in their prime.

Just like I never see Tebow holding a candle to those guys as an NFL QB. Right now, he has way to many deficiencies to be a starting NFL QB in the near future. Maybe if he can stay with a team as a 3rd String QB for 5 to 6 years he can develop, but I just don't see it happening when he could be on the field as a TE much sooner.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11625 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
lumafia
Player
Member # 3118

posted 03-01-2010 07:25 PM      Profile for lumafia        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nobody is worried about his athletic ability, it's his elongated, awkward throwing motion.
Posts: 487 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-02-2010 07:24 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A quote from NFL coach Sam Wyche and one that i agree with:

Former Bengals and Bucs head coach Sam Wyche is so confident that Tim Tebow will be a good NFL QB that he's staking his reputation on it. "If this guy can't be a starting quarterback in the NFL," Wyche told the St. Petersburg Times, "then I was in the wrong profession for a lot of years." Tebow said this week that he's changing his throwing motion, which was heavily criticized after his performance at the Senior Bowl last month. Critics have suggested the Florida product, who played in the shotgun-centered Gators offense, won't be able to transform into an NFL QB and might need to play a different position as a pro. Wyche, who's been helping to tutor the former Heisman Trophy winner, said that's nonsense. "Would I draft him? Absolutely," Wyche told the paper. "Sure. If he's not taken early, somebody is going to be called a genius for taking him wherever he goes." Tebow has the intangibles to make him successful, Wyche said. And the mechanics will soon catch up, the coach argued. "He's accurate," Wyche said. "He's smart. He anticipates well. He's a commander in the huddle. He has good footwork. … He has agility. He has athleticism. So many things are right about this guy." - Sean Leahy, USA TODAY

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 03-02-2010 08:59 AM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just think people said he was going to be too slow, he was the third or fourth fastest QB in the 40, its not speed, its not athleticism if you look at the combine he and the guy from WVU are the two most athletic Qbs in the draft number wise, I think he could transition to Tight End if need be because he is that gifted of an athlete but I dont think he needs 4 years and all that to play in the NFl he will get where he needs to get and will play QB in the NFL IMO.....

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-02-2010 10:15 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And right after he retires from that, he can be president of the US.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-02-2010 10:26 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tebow sure couldn't be as bad as the President we have now!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 03-02-2010 11:41 AM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, he is for sure a republican and shares the same views as you on abortion and probably christianity in general, would that be such a bad thing????

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-02-2010 11:52 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No it wouldn't. I just tire of all the obvious hero worship.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

TampaKat
Player
Member # 2109

posted 03-02-2010 12:13 PM      Profile for TampaKat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know and I get it, bu trust me I don"t worship any man. I worship the lord and jesus christ. I do have playfully self admitted man crushes on Tebow and John Wall. I just like how they play the game and how they conduct themselves. I know people tire of hearing about Tebow and deservedly so I just can't get the people that continually talk about how much he sucks. He doesnt suck, time will tell if he makes it as a good NFL QB or not, and some will judge that by different standards. what I do know is that he athletically performed at the combine better than I thought and others probably thought he would. He beat McCoy from Texas in everything and is taller and out weighs him by about 20 pounds.....

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-02-2010 12:26 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree that he is a good athlete, and will make it somewhere, at some position in the NFL. I have no clue what position he will play, and quite frankly, could not care less.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com