TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Predictions for UK - S. Carolina

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Predictions for UK - S. Carolina
Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 10-13-2010 01:00 PM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IF, and that is a big IF. But, IF the defense can play the way they did in the 2nd half against Auburn, I think the Cats have a legitimate shot of upsetting the Gamecocks. However, IF they allow S. Carolina to jump out in front like Auburn did, I see it as another Cats loss. I just think S. Carolina will edge out the Cats again.

My prediction:

UK 24
USC 27

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-13-2010 06:14 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I beleive we can score points on any team we play.But,can we stop them is the question.In A shootout UK-27;Sc24.Biggest win since LSU.GO CATS

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9879 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-13-2010 08:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not enough firepower on either side of the ball.

UK 20
SC 31

For the season 3-4.

Now we have a chance to win the remaining 5 games and be 8-4. But will we? [Confused]

[ 10-13-2010, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14243 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 10-13-2010 08:55 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
USCjr 31
UK 23

Man I hope I have scoreboard dyslexia and it's the opposite because I really would like UK to beat Spurrier just once.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2010 09:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
South Carolina 38 Kentucky 17

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Catblue
Player
Member # 1467

posted 10-14-2010 01:57 PM      Profile for Catblue   Email Catblue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If is the biggest word this weekend. i have been hard on the coaches esp. the defensive coach. If he will allow the def. to blitz a little more and the team plays up to their potenial then we might have a chance, That is better than none at all. bled blue.
Posts: 99 | From: Madisonville, Ky | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-14-2010 04:02 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not getting a good vibe from this team...

USC 41
UK 31

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13656 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-14-2010 04:08 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK 24
USC 21

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 10-14-2010 06:48 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cocks 45
Cats 13

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 10-15-2010 12:48 PM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With Locke out for Sat. I am changing my prediction....

UK 17
SC 38

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
COCKDIESEL
Recruit
Member # 2699

posted 10-15-2010 04:08 PM      Profile for COCKDIESEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
USC 35
UK 24

I think you guys offense will keep you in it. This Game scares me more than I think most think it should. Either way I'm looking forward to what should be a game with some offensive fireworks. Cobb is an amazing athlete and is a threat every time he touches the ball. And if I had to guess I bet some how some way Locke finds his way onto the field even if he just goes in as a decoy to open some space for Cobb. The big question is can your run defense can stop Lattimore and if you have to commit your safeties to stopping the run can you corners cover Jeffery and Gurley out on an island.

[ 10-15-2010, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: COCKDIESEL ]

--------------------
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/4023/schu7.gif

Posts: 42 | From: SC | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-15-2010 10:02 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Answers: No, our run defense can't stop any good running team. And our secondary has proven woefully inadequate playing man-to-man. While some see a ray of hope in our second half defense against Auburn, I saw that Auburn abandoned the game plan that thrashed us in the first half, and when we tied them, reverted right back to it and drove down for the win. In other words, it wasn't so much that our defense improved, it was just that Auburn stopped running it up our gut...

It will indeed be a high scoring game -- see my prediction above. I just hope UK scores a respectable amount and makes a close game of it.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13656 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 10-16-2010 08:21 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
I beleive we can score points on any team we play.But,can we stop them is the question.In A shootout UK-27;Sc24.Biggest win since LSU.GO CATS

Looks like we have a winner!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2280 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com