TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Kudo's to the coaching staff and players.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kudo's to the coaching staff and players.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-17-2010 07:24 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was one of the best football games seen in years and really gets the monkey off our back with Spurrier. Hartline in particular had a great game and is turning out to be one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC. His transformation into being a top flight QB is nothing less than sensational and has a legitiment chance to be drafted ito the NFL. How many of us could have believed he could ever achieve the status he has in such a short time? Not me that's for sure as i thought Joker was out of his mind by starting him this year. Joker is a special coach and we sure are fortunate to have him. The players really respond to him and it showed last night.

Losing their running back really was a big factor in our win but you also have to give all the coachs including Steve Brown for the adjustments they made at half time as the players really stepped it up in the second half. The look on Spurrier's face on the sideline during the second half was the highlight of the season and one game that Spurrieer will remember the rest of his life. [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-17-2010 07:47 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember the ky/fl in lex when Spurrier was down 3 points with like 4 seconds to he decided to go for the win vs the tie with a field goal. Of course, they completed it and beat us and I am sure that is whay he said to anyone that would listen "we can beat them so go for the endzone". HA HA we are a little bit better now days.

We both cancelled each other out with our tail backs been injured in my view so it was an even game with our defense and offense controlling the game in the secondo half (of course many more of the 1st halfs I will have a heart attack and wont be around to see the second half).

It is nice to finally get a win for Joker and Brown - maybe we build on it and end up in a nice bowl (outback ). Miss State looked great at the swamp and so did Ga against Vandy. We'll see if this carries over!! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
KyCat
Player
Member # 146

posted 10-17-2010 11:40 AM      Profile for KyCat   Email KyCat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually our star running back (Locke) was out the entire game while their's (Lattimer) only missed a half. But injuries are part of the game.

--------------------
TheThack

Posts: 1745 | From: Nicholasville, Ky, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-17-2010 01:13 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lattimer for a true freshman looks sensational. He won't be at South Carolina long.

--------------------

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 10-17-2010 03:55 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they have to play three yrs of college to get to the NFL. Maybe I am wrong?
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Catblue
Player
Member # 1467

posted 10-18-2010 07:29 AM      Profile for Catblue   Email Catblue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been very hard on the coaching staff for recent losses. Maybe i have been wrong and i will wait and comment more at a later time. I think the game sat was players desire and refuse to lose type of game. Go Cats
Posts: 99 | From: Madisonville, Ky | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-18-2010 08:06 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Catblue, I'm sure that true desire was a big part of the reason we won however also pretty sure that comes from the coachs instilling that desire along with the players wanting to win and giving exrta effort. If we can keep that desire going enough to win on a consistent basis is going to be tough. We haven't won consistently in the SEC for many, many years.

It looks like with the addition of T. Martin helping our recruting might change that but it will take time before we see more consistentcy. It's a must if we want to improve to upgrade our talent level. As far as the near term future if we can beat Vandy and one other SEC team along with our game against Charleston Southern is about all we can expect. Anything more than this would be very special.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-18-2010 10:17 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We should be in every game left on the schedule. If we're not then the players are not wanting it bad enough. The roughest part of the schedule is gone except for playing at Georgia but we still should have a chance to win it.
Posts: 14244 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-18-2010 10:58 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama Cat, We have both Mississippi State and Tennessee to play and both games are at their place. Mississippi State has beaten both Georgia and Florida in the swamp so to say we should beat them is very hard to understand. Tennessee at their place is not going to be easy and we haven't beat them in so long i can't remember.

--------------------

Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 10-18-2010 01:27 PM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I firmly believe we have an offense that can win consistently in the SEC. Our defense on the other hand is too inconsisent. They continually put the team in holes that the offense has to try and overcome.

Fortunately they were able to do that on Saturday after almost doing it against Auburn. The defensive coordinator position needs a good hard look at the end of the season. Maybe it is time to make a change.

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com