TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Predictions for UK - Pitt on Saturday

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Predictions for UK - Pitt on Saturday
Cat Fan In The Mill
Player
Member # 2756

posted 01-05-2011 08:46 AM      Profile for Cat Fan In The Mill        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know all of the anticipation has waned seeing as how this game is being played on Jan. 8th, two days before the National Title game but the games does involve our beloved Cats.

I am hoping the fire that Rick Minter has been able to instill in the few short weeks he has been here overshadows the miserable defensive play calling of Steve Brown.

I predict we see a close game. The difference in the end is....who else.....Randall Cobb.

UK 23
Pitt 19

--------------------
"On, On, U of K....We are right for the fight today......"

Posts: 1341 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-05-2011 10:05 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The wildcards are plentiful in this game. How will (presumably) Morgan Newton fare replacing Big Mike Hartline? How will the Pitt players respond to the soap-opera coaching mess that has been going on? Will Minter have time to really make a difference in our anemic defense?

But, all in all, I like our chances.

UK 27
Pitt 17

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13657 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-05-2011 08:55 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It all comes down to who can run the ball;and who can stop the run.Heres hoping we win these two catagories.
UK:31
pitt:21 [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9881 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 01-06-2011 05:30 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK 27 Pitt 13.

By the way, I read the Vegas line has Pitt favored. I hope I can find a Card fan or two to throw a bet down on this game.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
NoleCat
Player
Member # 2765

posted 01-06-2011 08:40 AM      Profile for NoleCat   Email NoleCat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is one of those games where I have no idea how I think it will truly pan out. Obviously I want nothing more than for the Cats to stomp the Co-Big East Champions. I think the point of emphasis is how do the players respond for Pittsburgh, do they rally like West Virginia for Bill Stewart a couple years ago, or do they pull a Cincinatti a la Kelly? Let's hope for the latter.

--------------------
“He who gets the best players usually wins.”
- Bobby Bowden

Posts: 67 | From: Tallahassee, Fl | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com