TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » pride

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pride
Catblue
Player
Member # 1467

posted 10-26-2011 08:33 PM      Profile for Catblue   Email Catblue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just watched the B&W game and i am very proud of the tradation of the BB team. But there is NO REASON why we should not have a quality football team. the players do the best they can with poor coaching and leadership from the AD. I wonder what would happen if a quality coach and Ad was hired how long would it be before both BB & Football would be something that the state and players could be proud of. Phillips may be a nice person but as a coach he is a loser and has been all the time he has been at Ky. Mitch is no better.
Posts: 99 | From: Madisonville, Ky | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-27-2011 06:38 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think mitch has done A really good job with olympic sports,but when it comes to football he can't admit he's made A mistake. There's no shame and making A mistake Alamama did it when they got rid of Mike Dubose. He needs to lick his wounds get rid of joker and bring in Mike Leach.I know Jokers A local man but he's in over his head.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9880 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-27-2011 07:22 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That said, then the AD's for the last 50 years didn't do a good job either.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue4real
Player
Member # 650

posted 10-27-2011 08:41 AM      Profile for blue4real   Email blue4real   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ridiculous. Mitch didn't do a good job because he didn't bring in the coach you agree with? Opinions are like you know what. I stand behind Mitch, Joker and his hiring. No one cares more about our football program than Joker. I think we've slipped this year, but that doesn't mean we can right the ship. Sick and tired of all the fans that want to fire someone the minute things start to look bad. How about standing behind a man who has given so much to his alma mater, how about loyalty? I know I'm standing behind Joker, his staff, our AD, and this team.
Posts: 229 | From: Paducah,KY,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-27-2011 09:06 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Joker is a former Cat from Kentucky who lives and dies Kentucky football. He is as hard working as they get and has brought in some other good coachs with him. I don't remember any former football coach getting the critisium like Joker has and they all had losing records. Kentucky has never been a football powerhouse and more than likely never will be.

--------------------

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
kynut
Player
Member # 2934

posted 10-27-2011 12:54 PM      Profile for kynut        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Part of the problem with UK football is that the fans have learned to accept mediocrity as success. Why in the world do so many accept 6-6 as successful, especially since at least three of those victories are against glorified high school teams?

Joker has been at UK 10 years.....has been chief recruiter, OC, and HCIW, as well as HC. This team is his team....no one elses. He can't blame his lack of success on the preceding regime because he is the preceding regime.

Joker is a Kentucky boy, and a nice guy but he wasn't hired to win a popularity contest; he was hired to win football games. To suggest that we keep a losing coach just because he is a nice guy from Kentucky seems kinda silly to me.....unless you are happy to continue to be the laughingstock of college football.

kynut

Posts: 238 | From: Virginia USA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-28-2011 09:32 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kynut, i'm a Kentucky fan per Webster's definition. I too wish we would go undefeated every year but i just can't get after the players or the coachs as long as they do the best that they can. They were asked to come to Kentucky and play or coach and we as fans imo need to support the players and treat them as family until such time as the players graduate and the same for the coachs until new coachs are hired..

You have the right in a public forum to say what you want but don't forget there are a few of us fans that live and die Kentucky sports like you do that consider the coachs and players like family and will back them all the way .....win or lose.

The exception was Gillispie who treated our players like dirt.

"Definition of FAN"
1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator
2: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 10-28-2011 05:31 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep, Mitch has made two real great head coaching hirings as AD at UK, Joker and Billy Gillispie. Gillispie was the first and only basketball coach ever hired without a search committee, only Barnhart and Todd did that. Joker Phillips will never make it as coach at UK, he is just not head coaching material, just my opinion. I think he fired his entire staff after last season to take some of the pressure off his dismal season with a veteran team, wonder what he will do at the end of this season with what will surely be no better than a four and eight loss/win record.

[ 10-28-2011, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 10-30-2011 08:27 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mitch and Joker have no where to hide. They can let this go on as they announce the attendance for yeaterdays game as poor. It will only get worse as the situation gets worse. People don't continue to waste what little money they have attending continuous losing games. You can't continue supporting family when it's the wrong family and from the looks of last year and this year and what the future looks like the real family plays on some other football field. Myself and others still supported the BB teams when we were losing and trying to recover from the shame of the Sutton era. This is by no way the same as that, even though we haven't broken any rules in FB.
Posts: 14244 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
kynut
Player
Member # 2934

posted 10-31-2011 01:49 PM      Profile for kynut        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
Kynut, i'm a Kentucky fan per Webster's definition. I too wish we would go undefeated every year but i just can't get after the players or the coachs as long as they do the best that they can. They were asked to come to Kentucky and play or coach and we as fans imo need to support the players and treat them as family until such time as the players graduate and the same for the coachs until new coachs are hired..

You have the right in a public forum to say what you want but don't forget there are a few of us fans that live and die Kentucky sports like you do that consider the coachs and players like family and will back them all the way .....win or lose.

The exception was Gillispie who treated our players like dirt.

"Definition of FAN"
1: an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator
2: an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

I fit the definition # 1 myself and for over 60 years. That definition says a fan is a devotee of a sport. I see nothing that says a fan must support an incompetent coach.

It is my humble opinion that one of the reasons UK football continues to be disgraceful is that some fans are willing to accept poor performance as being normal for UK. We've always sucked, therefore nothing better is expected. If a coach knows he can keep his $1.7M job even if he performs poorly then what incentive does he have to improve? Every true UK football fan should be applying heat to Joker's seat and making it plain that he either needs to perform or get the heck out of town so we can hire a true coach.

As to the "family" reference.......I would fire my brother if he was doing as lousy a job as Joker is doing. He's not just hired to "coach"; he's hired to win (which is the number one priority for any coach).

And that is my opinion.

kynut

[ 10-31-2011, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: kynut ]

Posts: 238 | From: Virginia USA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com