TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Tee Martin To USC

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tee Martin To USC
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 02-15-2012 09:39 PM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
USC Quarterback Matt Barkley twits saying UK WR Coach Tee Martin has joined the Trojan Family.

[ 02-15-2012, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: UKFan_22 ]

Posts: 1313 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 02-16-2012 06:38 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tee Martin was UK's receivers coach. UK's receivers have never looked worse. Tee, from all accounts that I have read, was supposed to be this young Turk that was getting these players to consider and sign with Kentucky.

I have two opinions on him leaving. First, I think he left because he thought that Joker could be on the way out, if they don't win a least 6 or 7 games. This way, he will still have a job. He didn't get a promotion, but went to a higher profile program. Second, I don't see where UK's recruiting has been that much better since Tee Martin came to Kentucky. That being said, anybody else as a receiver's position coach has to be an upgrade. I hope it translates to a higher percentage of catches on the field.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-16-2012 07:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tee Martin left because Southern Cal is one of the elite football schools in the country. It is a huge step up and he will be a head coach at a big name school before long. He is a heck of a recruiter and will be missed for sure. Southern Cal knew just how talented Martin is and it will pay them big dividends if they can keep him long enough before he gets a head coaching job offer.

Just to show how good Martin was, he recently was nominated for the Broyles award that is given annually to the nations top assistant.

[ 02-16-2012, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com