TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Penn St Players

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Penn St Players
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 07-24-2012 10:51 PM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have read and heard UK is going after some possible Penn State transfers. The rules do not matter at all. I think it is time for UK to get as many top players as they can.
Posts: 1313 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-25-2012 12:25 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We sure could use that linebacker that gets all the accolades (forget his name -- never was a big Penn State fan). Also, a couple of talented receivers would help immensely.

Oh, and a pass-rush combo. Yeah. That's the ticket... [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13656 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 07-26-2012 12:06 AM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree, I am not sure who they have contacted but I do know one player that UK recruited and friends with Morgan Newton is Justin Brown, a tall good WR.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-26-2012 06:09 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw on tv where quite a few recruits have decommited from PSU and are now commited to Ohio St. Not looking bad for the Buckeyes.

[ 07-26-2012, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10358 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-26-2012 11:17 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The rich get richer...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186363 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 07-26-2012 08:41 PM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have read that UK turned down a DB from Penn State. I don't know if it is entirely true and who the player was but I think it is stupid to say no to any Penn State Player wanting to leave and come to UK.
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-27-2012 06:08 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UKFan_22:
I have read that UK turned down a DB from Penn State. I don't know if it is entirely true and who the player was but I think it is stupid to say no to any Penn State Player wanting to leave and come to UK.

I don't agree with that blanket statement that UK should take any player from Penn State. You can choose to believe it or not, but I seriously doubt that UK could use 70% of their roster. If they are not going to beat out what you already have on your team, why take them on?
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 07-27-2012 04:41 PM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is true but why not at least try to get better players. Football ticket sells are down, fans are tired of losing and we all want the best product on the field. If Auburn, Ohio State, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee are contacting these players then why in hell shouldn't Kentucky not do it. Get some of our assistants up to Happy Valley and snag us some players. If Joker is so passionate about UK he would get his head out of is ass and get his assistants and him recruiting former 4 star WR Justin Brown, and the top OT, DT, DE and LB's they have.
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-27-2012 04:59 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think pilfering players from another team is wrong no matter what the circumstances are. We should play with what we've got. Just like when you go to A dance you dance with whom you took.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9879 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-28-2012 07:05 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UKFan_22:
That is true but why not at least try to get better players. Football ticket sells are down, fans are tired of losing and we all want the best product on the field. If Auburn, Ohio State, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee are contacting these players then why in hell shouldn't Kentucky not do it. Get some of our assistants up to Happy Valley and snag us some players. If Joker is so passionate about UK he would get his head out of is ass and get his assistants and him recruiting former 4 star WR Justin Brown, and the top OT, DT, DE and LB's they have.

I haven't seen a report that UK is not looking into the top players that PSU may have. My objection was about your opinion that UK should take "any" PSU player available. If they take on PSU players, they have to take fewer players in next years class. Nothing wrong with that, but they have to be an upgrade from what they already have. UK's record would be better in the big ten than the SEC. The talent level between the two teams is not that far apart. And, at the speed positions, you can't take a guy that will get burned on every play. How many players at PSU have SEC speed?
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 07-28-2012 07:45 PM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True I agree with you that the players must be a upgrade. I would say some Penn St players could play on any SEC team because they are that good of player and if UK is not going to at least contact those kids then they shouldn't be coaching at UK. However I been told the players they were interested in are all staying at Penn St.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com